Remedies for fine, flyaway hair?

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Is all V05 shampoo and conditioner silicone free? They do have sulfates though, correct?
No, not all of the conditioners are. I can't remember exactly which ones are, but I know both of the Tea Therapy ones are and the Kiwi Lime Squeeze clarifying one is. I'll try to find out for you.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had that problem too, changed shampoos dozens of times and finally, had a bit of a water crunch here (my hair vs the horses drinking, horses won) and went back to washing hair once a week, max and changed back to Clairol shampoo, which is the least new and improved over the old salon versions, and no more flyaways and I wear a fur hat every day in the winter and fur really makes hair stand up on end. I specifically use the Herbal Essences longterm relationship for long hair, both shampoo and conditioner - never noticed silicone mentioned in the ingredient list.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

- never noticed silicone mentioned in the ingredient list.
I'm pretty sure anything ending in -cone is a silicone, and in conditioners there are a few different ones.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I'm pretty sure anything ending in -cone is a silicone, and in conditioners there are a few different ones.
................. many different names, this is an easy way to get away from them.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Is all V05 shampoo and conditioner silicone free? They do have sulfates though, correct?
I think all the VO5 conditioners are cone free, if I am not mistaken - I have here in my house the Tea Therapy line, the clarifying, and the hydrating milk - all of them are. The shampoos are not sulfate free - a good place to get sulfate free shampoo is Whole foods - I still like diluting them (a LOT)
But check on the back of the packaging to make sure...

they look like this:

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

I like Frizz-eaze or Garnier Fructis frizz control serum. They are kinda expensive, but they really work for frizzy hair, and flyaways.
I second the Garnier Fructis serum! It's what I use on my hair along with Herbal Essence Color Me Happy conditioner.

The frizz control serum is kind of expensive but it lasts for a long long time.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

I have pure Aloe Vera gel; how do I use it?
That's the stuff... just rub a tiny bit between your hands and smooth it over your hair. It works kind of like hair gel but with out the stiffness and a little bit goes a long way.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I looked into it and I think all of the VO5 conditioners sold in the US are cone free, but the same ones sold in the UK DO have cones in them.

What about Glycerin, though? Is that along the same lines as cones? I always avoided the VO5 freesia scent (and a couple others) b/c it has glycerin in it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

Okay I looked into it and I think all of the VO5 conditioners sold in the US are cone free, but the same ones sold in the UK DO have cones in them.

What about Glycerin, though? Is that along the same lines as cones? I always avoided the VO5 freesia scent (and a couple others) b/c it has glycerin in it.
From my research veg glycerin is fine

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking up some things that supposedly help dry hair and I found that olive oil helps...
I may try that. You are supposed to put it all over your hair, including roots, wait 5 minutes then wash with shampoo..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the VO5 shampoo and Garnier serum for frizzies and what a difference! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

margalice

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your answers about my, 'flyaway hair'  I shall get myself some VO5 products that was recommended. 

Never joined a site like this before, but because of my 'flyaway' hair, there you are.   I do not own a cat but 'miaow' to you all.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you all for your answers about my, 'flyaway hair'  I shall get myself some VO5 products that was recommended. 

Never joined a site like this before, but because of my 'flyaway' hair, there you are.   I do not own a cat but 'miaow' to you all.
hi and welcome to TCS (the cat site)! we're glad to have you join us!