Relocated Colony

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for responding! They are all spayed/neutered, but no ear tipping,as they were pet cats at the time. I don't think they are chipped. All are very adoptable, but I tried that before considering relocation. They all lived together until my neighbor moved about 2 years ago. They just left them behind, so I started feeding them. When I had to move due the house being sold for tear down, I went back every day to feed and water them. Then it was time for demolition and it became too dangerous to leave them. I wish I could bring them all in, but I already have 5 cats, and my daughter and son-in-law have 2. I would love for them to stay close by, but right now, I can't afford the cat fence attachments, and my landlord would not approve. I am having major issues with bringing myself to open the door, but I know that I have to. Thank you for your advice! It is very much appreciated!
:grouphug::grouphug2::hearthrob::redheartpump::alright::vibes:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Howdy, neighbor! I'm in St. Petersburg. Our rescues are full too right now. I have 5 cats of my own, along with 2 from a friend who passed away. Looking for a home for those two.

How large is the enclosure? I'm thinking you should keep them longer and explore more options.

Do they seem content in the enclosure, or restless to go?
:lovecat::lovecat3::lovecat4:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi kittylove! Haha! It isn't easy! He knows about the ones inside. He isn't happy about it, but he knows. We paid a hefty pet deposit. I also have a 115lb dog, and my daughter has a chihuahua. Luckily, he is one of those landlords that only stops by when he absolutely has to. We just held our breath while they were in the enclosure and hoped that he wouldn't have to come over for anything. Now, if he sees the enclosure, we will just tell him that it is for a garden that we are going to plant to keep squirrels, possums, and raccoons out, or so that we can bring the bunny out. These kitties were important enough to me to risk it. Their lives depended on it.
:wave3: I spotted your post in the ' Help Me Name My Blind Kitten' thread and wanted to get a better look at your little avatar kitty. I checked out your postings on your home page and ended up here. You are a wonderful person and I love the names you have given these sweet strays. I really hope that Friend, Squeakers, Little One, Bob, Walter and Fluffanutter will stay close. Keep us updated and also share some photos of all your fur babys with us. You can create albums on your home page and place them there too. Take care, I hope all is well and we are looking forward to hearing from you soon.:grouphug:
:rock: :catrub::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie846

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How are the cats doing? Are they all still around so far?
Yes, all but one showed up for breakfast, but the one (Little One) was here late last night. There has been a lot of activity inside and out today, because our water heater burst. Landlord and plumbers around, so I don't expect to see them for awhile. Our clandestine cats were not spotted. Yay!

marie846

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Thank you for your kind words! Being new, I don't understand some things. Is there a reason that you posted quoted text? And I don't know how to post pictures. I couldn't find the option. I'll keep trying.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, all but one showed up for breakfast, but the one (Little One) was here late last night. There has been a lot of activity inside and out today, because our water heater burst. Landlord and plumbers around, so I don't expect to see them for awhile. Our clandestine cats were not spotted. Yay!
:hyper:YaY! Thanks for taking the time to let us know what's happening. Hope nothing important got damaged.:wave3:

marie846

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't remember how I did it, but this is Friend, the colony leader. That is Squeakers next to him.

marie846

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought I had posted this, but I don't see it: Thank you for your kind words. Being new here, I don't understand some things. Is there a reason that you posted my quoted text? And I don't know how I did it, but can you tell me how to post pictures?

marie846

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh! I think I at least understand the quoted text. If you click on reply, it does that, right? And thank you, but no major damage. New water heater is being installed now. Just a little wet carpet in my room, but we took care of that with a wet/dry vac that my ex husband brought over. I have to stay in my room with the door closed with some of the cats and the big dog to keep them from view and quiet.

marie846

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought I had posted this, but I don't see it: Thank you for your kind words. Being new here, I don't understand some things. Is there a reason that you posted my quoted text? And I don't know how I did it, but can you tell me how to post pictures?
And now I see the post. Mind cramp I guess! Anyway, How to post pictures correctly? Also, how do you "like" things?

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Thank you for your kind words! Being new, I don't understand some things. Is there a reason that you posted quoted text? And I don't know how to post pictures. I couldn't find the option. I'll keep trying.
:hellocat:I'm still kinda new too. The quote automatically appears when you click 'reply' under the post you are answering. There is an 'upload a file' button you can click to add photos from your files.
The way I do so is: I take a photo on my android phone, save it in my gallery then send it in an email to myself, I then open it and upload to a file, usually I'm on my chromebook. Then I use the 'upload a file' button to place it either in one of my albums or to a thread I'm on. I'm sure that there is an easier way but this way works for me since I don't know how to do it straight from my phone.:lol:
So glad the kids are still hanging around, they sure love their momma.:lovecat:

marie846

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, they are. They all are. When I can figure it out, I will post pictures of all of them. I'm not sure I could maneuver the e-mail thing.