Releasing my sadness for the plan of neutering my Keanu

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, guys!!! This is just a post of me releasing my sadness because I'm planning to neuter Keanu soon (he's 5mos this January). I know that they need to be neutered for population, health and behavior reasons. So please don't throw any negative comments about me being idiot or something like that. I just really want to say that I'm quite sad to do this because he is my first pet ever and I kinda don't wanna hurt him or take away his masculinity or whatever you call it. And it hurts me that I can't have a baby of his ---- coz he is quite smart so I like his genes and of course, if I want another pet when he dies, I would like it to come from his genes. I was even thinking of preserving his sperm but that would cost a lot I can't even preserve my own egg (yeah lol but I feel pain in my throat while typing from stopping myself from crying). If I was just rich enough and could afford to take care of his baby, then I will....... aaaaah I feel so sad but yeah I just gotta live with it =(((((((((((((((((

Just really over sentimental about my first cat :-( I'm really crying right now lol...........................................

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nothing wrong with regret over choices, unless it stops you from doing the right thing. Neutering is the right thing for your cats health and well being as he gets older. All my pets have been spayed and neutered as soon as it is safe for them to be. That doesn't stop me from having moments of, "it would have been nice to have just one litter." But the logistics of another mouth (or more) to feed or animals that take homes away from others always stops me. Shoot, I regret not adopting Links sister when I could have, for finding homes for lost kittens I've stumbled across, and so many other things. Thinking of what could have been is human and shows you have emotion and/or think about your actions.

........ Exception of never having a regret with my girl, she did not need to have kittens. She's an adorable little one but she would have made a horrible mother. She'd be that mom who pushed her kittens away as soon as they could walk, its just not in her personality. Serious shudder moment thinking of her having a litter of kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing wrong with regret over choices, unless it stops you from doing the right thing. Neutering is the right thing for your cats health and well being as he gets older. All my pets have been spayed and neutered as soon as it is safe for them to be. That doesn't stop me from having moments of, "it would have been nice to have just one litter." But the logistics of another mouth (or more) to feed or animals that take homes away from others always stops me. Shoot, I regret not adopting Links sister when I could have, for finding homes for lost kittens I've stumbled across, and so many other things. Thinking of what could have been is human and shows you have emotion and/or think about your actions.

........ Exception of never having a regret with my girl, she did not need to have kittens. She's an adorable little one but she would have made a horrible mother. She'd be that mom who pushed her kittens away as soon as they could walk, its just not in her personality. Serious shudder moment thinking of her having a litter of kittens.

Aaaaahw thank you Kieka for your response and comforting words... And yeah thank you also for the other scenarios of regrets, it helps that this is not just the problem, there are more.... And the possibility that Keanu might not be a good father - though that I don't know yet but this thought helps also. Thank you!!!! <3

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are almost never good fathers, lol. Normally toms do the deed and scram. There are some toms that nurture the kittens (sometimes not even their own kittens) but they're fairly rare. Some toms will even kill kittens :frown: .

Yeah, I always feel a vague sense of loss when having a pet spayed/neutered, just because I'm putting an end to that bloodline. I think that's pretty common, nothing wrong with that. But you and he (and homeless kittens) will be much happier with him neutered.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat already came to me spayed, and while it's sad when she's gone there will be none through her, I'm hoping she has a long healthy life, and there will be other wonderful cats who need homes. That's all a responsible owner can do.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly dont think neutering is such a big deal. Most cats don't take more than a few days to fully recover. Honestly I would think an unfixed cat is more stressed out just because of their need to breed and being extra territorial. Females can be more aggressive because well their maternal instincts tell them all others are a potential threat to kittens. Males will roam much further from home (40 block aways) and tend to get into a TON of cat fights which can lead to FIV/FELV, serious abscesses as well.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't be sad.
Keanu will live a longer, much healthier life being neutered. And as what mentioned about, he won't stress anymore of finding a mate.

You are doing a good job. Neutering is the most responsible thing to do. ;)

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are almost never good fathers, lol. Normally toms do the deed and scram. There are some toms that nurture the kittens (sometimes not even their own kittens) but they're fairly rare. Some toms will even kill kittens :frown: .

Yeah, I always feel a vague sense of loss when having a pet spayed/neutered, just because I'm putting an end to that bloodline. I think that's pretty common, nothing wrong with that. But you and he (and homeless kittens) will be much happier with him neutered.

Lol! I did not know cats are not good fathers and that they even kill kittens omg!!! Thanks for the info!

Thank you for your empathy and advice!!! <3

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat already came to me spayed, and while it's sad when she's gone there will be none through her, I'm hoping she has a long healthy life, and there will be other wonderful cats who need homes. That's all a responsible owner can do.
True! Ahw, how old was your cat when you got her? I agree with the long and healthy life <3

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
I honestly dont think neutering is such a big deal. Most cats don't take more than a few days to fully recover. Honestly I would think an unfixed cat is more stressed out just because of their need to breed and being extra territorial. Females can be more aggressive because well their maternal instincts tell them all others are a potential threat to kittens. Males will roam much further from home (40 block aways) and tend to get into a TON of cat fights which can lead to FIV/FELV, serious abscesses as well.
Hopefully Keanu takes it well too. :-) We are prepared, I already bought the cones and donut recovery pillow ^_^

Yeah, we actually don't Keanu to go outside... The thought of losing him scares me..............

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't be sad.
Keanu will live a longer, much healthier life being neutered. And as what mentioned about, he won't stress anymore of finding a mate.

You are doing a good job. Neutering is the most responsible thing to do. ;)
Yes, thank you so much for the assurance!!! Thank you!!!! The time is coming omg~~~~~~

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
He will be easier to take care of once fixed especially since he will soon be a teenager
OMG True! I wonder if this will fix his biting us too =))))))) Though it is just a random surge of energy hahaha!

Thank you so much!!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True! Ahw, how old was your cat when you got her? I agree with the long and healthy life <3
She was 4.5 months when I adopted her, but spayed at 13 weeks - she was a feral kitten trapped and socialized by a tnr. :happycat: