Release cat in the storm?

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, looking for others to weigh in. I trapped a feral male and had him neutered yesterday. He is now in my garage in the trap. I just fed him breakfast. Because of the Isaias storm, we are due to have heavy rain and wind all day. Do I keep him in trap or release him? I hate to have him stressed and confined, but I'm worried about the weather.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I trapped a feral male and had him neutered yesterday.
Thank you for trapping and neutering this cat. Please keep him in for the time being and if possible, please keep him indoors and not let him roam the streets again.
If that's not possible, please keep him until the storm has passed. You can put a drape over his cage to calm him it's safer for him to be indoors. Can you keep him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have four permanent residents who live in my "barn." I've had two of them for 11 years, and two of them joined the group about two years ago. Two boys, two girls, they get along great, are all neutered and fairly tame. This big boy showed up in June and it looked like he was here to stay so I took him in to get neutered. I am thinking he may join the others since they tolerate his existence. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely keep him in until the storm passes.

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All who come here get a good life. :) Callie is 14 or 15 years old. We have her and her "cousin" P.J. since our neighbors moved & abandoned them in 2009. According to the vet, they are in "remarkable" health. Meals twice a day (wet and dry), vet care, garage shelter and heating pads in winter. We are down to two inside, one a former stray, the other P.J's sister who needed medical care and never left. Over the years, some outside have come and gone usually to tribe dynamics, but if I can, I get them neutered, and find them homes.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
So you are about 40 minutes away from one of my best friends who lives in Bangor PA. Yes, keep the cat in for the storm and thank you for doing all that you have done for these ferals.

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bangor is close to where I work. Wow! The storm was wicked! Waited until all clear, then released "Mack." He knows where to get a meal, so if he's smart he'll be back! We had 4 inches in our cellar. Still pumping! What a day.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Hope you did not have any damage. My friend is fine except for the usual mess from that much rain...she has TNRed ferals outside as well who make it through everything just fine.