Relationships=love, confusion, and funny stories.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

After 24 years, my dh still flirts with me in public. We both work for the same cab company, and often cross paths on the cabstands. He will pull up beside me and say "hey, you're cute, are you married?" When I say yes, he will get out of his car, come over, kiss me and say something like "you need to get rid of him, you're coming home with me." It freaks out the people that don't know we are a couple, because all of them knew I was married, but not all of them know he now works for the company.
Aw, that's so cute! Hubby and I do that, too, except we're no where near 24 years... I hope we can still be so cute when we get there!

I know hubby loves me when every other day now I ask him "do I look as big as I feel??" and it's half a trick question and half not and he can tell me honestly if I am or not and that I'm still beautiful and he loves me even more. Every other day... He never rolls his eyes at me or says anything like "Enough already!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cant tell you how much it makes me smile to read all of your stories. I wasnt sure if this thread would be a hit or miss. Let me just say to all of you, but especially those of you who have been married for YEARS and still not only love and enjoy the company of your spouce but activly FLIRT and play around that it really helps me a lot. As many have, I come from a broken home...and now, in 17 months i am getting married (maybe sooner if i get pregnant. lol). I have no doubts about him or my feelings for him, but it helps to see that, despite my PARENTS failures, i am not destained to end up that way. So many people have told me that love doesnt last forever, but many of you with your stories, and obvious love and affection are proving them wrong!

So thanks for that, and i hope you all keep sharing your stories and that one day 24 years down the road hubby to be and I can fool people into thinking we are new couple

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ancientsanskrit

...So my roommate uses this kind of language with me almost everyday. I must be doing something wrong. lol.

Basically, it all stems down to the fact that all women are crazy.

I'm just kidding, even though I haven't been on here in ages, I love the ladies of this forum.
We can seem a little crazy at times. I try to explain to Jeff that it is just the inability to think rationally when annoyed
thats what it is for me anyway. lol

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oodlesofpoodles

So many people have told me that love doesnt last forever, but many of you with your stories, and obvious love and affection are proving them wrong!
Love will always last forever as long as over the years you don't take eachother for granted and can except that your spouse is going to grow and change over the years. And be willing to not only love them for who he/she is now but also for who he/she will be 20 years down the road. No one stays the same. Make sure that as you are growing and changing over the years that you grow together, not apart.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is what we try to do and so far so good. We havent been together long but the first 8 months of our relationship we were 3000 miles apart. We figure if we could get through that than we can get through anything.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was married for a few years in my youth, and one day, without so much as a word of consultation, my husband committed us to...

(a) move from our nice apartment near our jobs to a shabby house far, far away from our jobs...

(b) take on, as a couple (and in addition to full-time day jobs), a night job for his company that would require...

(c) a huge industrial oven in the house (max 1700 degrees F, as I recall; which is why we couldn't have it in an apartment)...

(d) so that every night, he could bring home however many class rings his company had forged that day, and we would hand-mix 16 different colors of enamels, apply them to the rings with tiny needles, place the rings in the oven for several hours...

(4) then get up and check on them at 4:00 in the morning and redo any that had developed bubbles (which involved cleaning them with caustic chemicals), so that my husband could always, no matter what, return all the rings completed for shipping in the morning.

Oh, and we couldn't run the air conditioner or a fan while we worked, because the dust would ruin the enamels. So we were drenched in sweat most of the time, and breathing concentrated toxic fumes.

Sometimes there would be 50 rings; sometimes there would be 700 rings. Sometimes neither of us slept at all.

But, astoundingly, this was not why I divorced him!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

He literally said one time "I don't want some doctor delivering your baby when you are pregnant, I will learn how to do it"
Of course, in this case he was kidding....or was he?
hmmm

In a normal pregnancy this can't be too terrible, you know this has been happening for thousands of years this way, you can always get a mid wife

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know my boyfriend loves me when I bought some biore pore strips and he put one on his nose so that we could do it together.

Also, (7 years ago) I was at his dorm and I got my period... he went to the little store in the building and bought me some tampons!

I also like that he will stomach watching a chick flick with me if I really want to see it.

He also deals with my changing moods! He came home tonight and asked if i went to the gym because I looked like I took a shower and I started crying! I thought he was implying I was fat. lol! poor guy!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oodlesofpoodles

We can seem a little crazy at times. I try to explain to Jeff that it is just the inability to think rationally when annoyed
thats what it is for me anyway. lol
That is soooo true!!!!!

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol He and I have had the rational thought discussion a million times. He doesnt get it at all. Lol. when i am upset, angry, stressed, annoyed, or just plain hormonal i do not, and never will think rationally. After pouting for about half an hour i DO think rationally and usually appologise for my ridiculous over reaction...but no matter WHAT i do, i can not help but over react to start. LOL.

But i suppose it shows his love for me that he just hugs me and says everything will be okay no matter what i might be crying over. (including the false implications that i am fat...i can find that implication in just about anything LMAO)

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i dunno how my partner puts up with me actually coz i do silly things to make him laugh sometime unintentially hehe and i always say thats why you love me and he giggles and agrees

and blaine brings me home daft little presents when he knows i have been poorly or upset or just as a surprise, actually a couple of months ago he said to me, I nearly bought you some flowers today I said only nearly and laughed - at least the thought ws there

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
those small gestures go a long way. I always tell Jeff i love the little things he does (Like make my lunch every morning while i get dressed for work, and walk me to the bus stop at 7am and wait at the bus stop at 6pm for me to come home).

He still does things that drive me nuts, but hey, life would be boring without those moments!