Reilly

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not been here at TCS for a couple of years now.

Reilly passed away yesterday November 20th at 18 years of age. My heart is broken...
Reilly1.jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss, he is a handsome boy.....18 years is quite a long life, but no matter how long they are with us it is never enough, and we all surely understand how you feel, we are heartbroken right along with you.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cry with you, having lost my 17 year old not too long ago, they leave such an emptiness in our homes and our hearts when they have to go. Reilly has been such a big part of your life for so long, the fact that his physical presence is no longer there is almost incomprehensible. You have 18 years of memories and shared love, I hope you can take comfort in this, he left you these with his love and will continue to fill your heart with the love he will forever send your way. He would never want to bring sadness into your life, he wants only joy and happiness for the one he loves above all else, because that is what love is. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. The love you shared is spiritual, so eternal, the bond you formed after so many years is strong, it can never be taken from you.
My heart goes out to you, I understand and feel your pain. It does help to share this pain with others who understand, it lightens the burden on your soul, and some of the pain can escape through your tribute you offer to your little one. Do good in that sweet one's name, it helps you to feel better about yourself. Donate to your local shelter, give your time to socialize the kittens, or bring in much needed food and litter and do it all in Reilly's name.
He was a special cat, and you meant the world to each other. Your heart is broken and only time will help with that to soften the sharp edges. Thank you for letting us know of this beautiful boy, he deserves to be thought of and prayed for by many and now he will be. You are not alone in your grief, we are here for you if you need us. Take care of yourself,........RIP precious Reilly, you will always be held in a loving heart, you will always be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you both, until you meet again!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Reilly leaving you. Eighteen years seems like a lot in theory but in practice it goes by quickly - we never have enough time with our beloved cats. He looks like such a proud, regal boy, as though he knows full well that he is magnificent. His beautiful eyes hold a lot of wisdom in them.

I know how much you must miss him, this is just so very hard. I hope that some day your memories bring you smiles, instead of tears. For now, just know that Reilly lives on in your heart where he will always be with you. I am so very sorry.

RIP Dear Reilly. :rbheart: :angel: :rbheart:

CatWalksThruRainbow.gif

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reilly was absolutely stunning, the world is less beautiful without him and you've lost the friend of a lifetime.
When they are with us for such a long time it almost seems that they can stay with us forever, their departure hurts much more because it's like a part of our life gets erased, stolen, grabbed away.
However Reilly will live on in your heart and his memories will be with you forever.
RIP wonderful Reilly, you'll be missed!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear this. :hugs::hugs::hugs: It feels like the end of an era. Eighteen years is a good long life for a cat, but it's still way too soon to lose a beloved fur kid. :rbheart::rbheart::rbheart: May Reilly rest in peace, but remain a big part of your lives through memories.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh Tracy.. :bawling: I don’t even know what to say. I’m crying with you. I am so, so sorry. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:sniffle: :hugs: Reilly will always have a special place in my TCS memories. No matter how much time we have; it's never enough.

Play happy over The Bridge sweet handsome Reilly. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Riley, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever. What a grand old man you were!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone.

He was my soul mate.

He had an episode in the night on the 8th. I heard a noise and found him sprawled on the stairs panting. I rushed him to the ER vet. By the time I got there he was behaving normally and all tests were normal. At our own vet the next day all was normal again.

Suddenly on the 14th he was lethargic and breathing fast and shallow. Again to the ER vet. This time they did a chest x-ray and found fluid around his lungs. They drained but found a mass near the heart.

We also had an ultrasound that confirmed this. Either cancer or an infectious abscess. We treated as though it were an infection (no treatment options for cancer) I spent the next 6 days struggling in vain to manage his symptoms and get him to eat. What a heart breaking decision to let him go. But his organs were shutting down and there was no other choice.

Still...knowing this isn't making it any easier.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vet called this morning saying that Reilly's remains are ready for pickup...:bawling: Please pray that I can hold it together today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw. :sniffle: :hugs:

Do you have a special place ready for him? It's always helped me to have a little memorial type space. I've always buried my furbabies; but I have nice special stepping stones near Glory and Tiger at my Mom's house. Here at home I have a mini Longaberger basket with morning glories in it and some little cat figurines and things that remind me of them and others that have crossed the bridge. It makes me feel like they are still a part of my life. :rbheart:

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw. :sniffle: :hugs:

Do you have a special place ready for him? It's always helped me to have a little memorial type space. I've always buried my furbabies; but I have nice special stepping stones near Glory and Tiger at my Mom's house. Here at home I have a mini Longaberger basket with morning glories in it and some little cat figurines and things that remind me of them and others that have crossed the bridge. It makes me feel like they are still a part of my life. :rbheart:
Because of where we live and the possibility that we may move again we chose cremation. They gave us his ashes in an urn with a plaque with his name and an image of his paw print....a really nice gesture from the clinic.

We are planning to purchase a shelf for our bedroom where we can put all of this with a picture.

I like the idea of some flowers and cat figurines :hearthrob:

Thank you so much to everyone for their support. It is hard to find people that understand.