Rehome or is this fixable?

chigusa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup, sorry, I was merely offering my two cents being in the middle of an introduction too and hoping help the OP in making a decision. Sorry for the mess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katanya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your comments and answers.

I was always taught just keep them away from each other for 2 weeks. That they’d smell each other under the door etc. and they have been curious about each other under the door. But bc the cat is social and wants all my attention, I let him out earlier then that bc the girl I have was curious about him enough, I didn’t think it’d be a problem.

To Katscritch, I get I messed up but I don’t appreciate being yelled at. You can say what you need to without making me feel worse. Clearly I was trying to do a good thing with limited information, so if you’re going to flip out every time someone is trying to do better, perhaps don’t comment.

I did not know I had to keep flipping scent territories for months on end in order to make this work or I never would’ve done this to begin with. The new cat now charges my cats. Outright charges at them. Again, I had not enough information prior to getting him and everyone I spoke with didn’t mention anything bad about putting him together with my other 2 cats. Not the shelter, the vet, rescue groups, no one.

Both my resident cats aren’t happy so I’m trying to find him a home where he’s the only cat at this point. He also now thinks he’s getting out every day bc I thought that’s what was needed. I’ll have to take him on walks alone until I find a new home for him so he’s not in a bedroom all day

I’m not sure I’ll ever bring another one in, but if I do, it’ll be a kitten who poses no threat. What’s crazy to me is I’ve been doing rescue and fostering for the last 2 years and no one ever discussed the process of introducing adult cats to each other , other then saying they need to be kept separate for at least 2 weeks. I really didn’t think this was going to be as difficult or cause as many issues or I wouldn’t have done it. I like to help them, not hurt them but it seems like no matter which decision I make, it’s a catch 22. Bc now I’ll have to redo the process and who even knows if it’ll work now.
I’d still have to find a rescue that can take him in bc if I return him to the shelter, they’ll probably kill him bc he was already returned once for not getting along with prior adopters dog. I can’t do that, and I was hoping it would work out here but now having the right info on adult introductions, I see how I may have now created a problem. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I can work with the new boy, it’s my own cats I’m afraid would suffer if I decide to try and make it work. From some of the other comments posted, I’m getting the consensus is it would be better for me to rehome. My cats don’t Pooh me or attack at all. They’re very well behaved. It would be getting the new boy to stop charging them. Is this possible once it starts? Anyway, thank you for all the advice.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do a search of these forums. Cat introductions and the advice for them is a very common thread! It's not easy. The 2 week separation is generally to watch for contagious disease and even the 2 weeks can be a little arbitrary. But it's meant to watch for stool, URTIs, etc. Introductions are a SLOW process and probably even more so with a siamese mix. Do you have a baby gate? A lot of people spend a lot of time on the baby gate stage before their cats even meet. And then swapping spaces too. You can always go back steps and stay at a step! I'd say there's a decent amount of cats who will be ambivalent AT BEST about a new cat in their home, but try not to worry too much about your babies. All 4 of you are going through a pretty big transition and it's probably hardest on the newcomer. Just give your cats some extra love, go back a few steps, and see what happens.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

I was always taught just keep them away from each other for 2 weeks. That they’d smell each other under the door etc. and they have been curious about each other under the door. But bc the cat is social and wants all my attention, I let him out earlier then that bc the girl I have was curious about him enough, I didn’t think it’d be a problem.

To Katscritch, I get I messed up but I don’t appreciate being yelled at. You can say what you need to without making me feel worse. Clearly I was trying to do a good thing with limited information, so if you’re going to flip out every time someone is trying to do better, perhaps don’t comment.

I did not know I had to keep flipping scent territories for months on end in order to make this work or I never would’ve done this to begin with. The new cat now charges my cats. Outright charges at them. Again, I had not enough information prior to getting him and everyone I spoke with didn’t mention anything bad about putting him together with my other 2 cats. Not the shelter, the vet, rescue groups, no one.

Both my resident cats aren’t happy so I’m trying to find him a home where he’s the only cat at this point. He also now thinks he’s getting out every day bc I thought that’s what was needed. I’ll have to take him on walks alone until I find a new home for him so he’s not in a bedroom all day

I’m not sure I’ll ever bring another one in, but if I do, it’ll be a kitten who poses no threat. What’s crazy to me is I’ve been doing rescue and fostering for the last 2 years and no one ever discussed the process of introducing adult cats to each other , other then saying they need to be kept separate for at least 2 weeks. I really didn’t think this was going to be as difficult or cause as many issues or I wouldn’t have done it. I like to help them, not hurt them but it seems like no matter which decision I make, it’s a catch 22. Bc now I’ll have to redo the process and who even knows if it’ll work now.
I’d still have to find a rescue that can take him in bc if I return him to the shelter, they’ll probably kill him bc he was already returned once for not getting along with prior adopters dog. I can’t do that, and I was hoping it would work out here but now having the right info on adult introductions, I see how I may have now created a problem. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I can work with the new boy, it’s my own cats I’m afraid would suffer if I decide to try and make it work. From some of the other comments posted, I’m getting the consensus is it would be better for me to rehome. My cats don’t Pooh me or attack at all. They’re very well behaved. It would be getting the new boy to stop charging them. Is this possible once it starts? Anyway, thank you for all the advice.
Yes ,it is possible and it is never too late to start the process all over again - truly,you've not " ruined' anything not have you ' created ' the problem - you simply did what you thought was best

Look,we understand - this is not the first time we've heard from someone who's encountered an issue they've never dealt with before and have never had any problems before a certain cat comes along- you're not alone,we didn't always know what we know now- some of us are professionals,some are not but have many years of experience and others are new to it all -:eek:ne thing we all have in common is we love CATS❤And that's the reason we are all here doing what we can to help others to not have to make the mistakes we've all made at one time or another - so no one is judging you,we are here to help,encourage ahd support you

You can start over if you think you're up for it or not- that's entirely up to you.....You obviously love your cats and want what is best for them first and foremost so as much as I'd personally love to see this new kitty remain with you ( and yes it can work)I'll not try to sell you on the idea because it's only fair to tell you the work,time ,patience and energy that is involved - so if you are prepared to commit to dedicating yourself to what lies ahead then let's begin

But know this,if you think it's best not to adopt this boy then you're going to have to work hard at finding him a place to go- are there no kill shelters in your area?I'm sure many people here can suggest the best way to go about advertising a nice young energetic attention seeking kitty that needs a home

So the choice is yours,Ime nobody really knows exactly what they are getting from a shelter - most volunteers don't know much about them and rarely are they assessed by a certified professional as it would cost way too much for these organizations - so it's not a surprise they know little about intros and behavior

If you want help,you got it- if you want support,you got it...... We are on the same team,your intention was all good and it's appreciated----- where do we go from here?❤

Sarah M

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hey there,

I've read your post and just wanted to offer some words of encouragement. I'm currently introducing a new cat to my three, and it did not go well whatsoever. I've been doing this since September of last year and while I have made some progress, its nowhere near done. In my case, I switched strategies so many times, gave up at once, and then decided to keep going. It was very stressful for me as well as my cats, both resident and the new one. It still is at times.

And I know for a fact that my cats picked up on my stress and anxiety and reacted to that. But guess what, its okay. It happens. We are human at the end of the day. Point I'm trying to make is that don't be too hard on yourself. You know your cats the best, you know your thresholds the best. You are the best person who can make judgements about the situation that you are in.

People who have commented saying it takes time are absolutely 💯 right. It does take time. It will take a lot of adjustments for all. Whether you can do them or not is truly and entirely upto you. No one can make the best choice for your cats apart from you. So take it easy. Breathe. Do what you need to do.

That's what I have been told by the amazing Kwik Kwik many times when things have gotten tough. So I'm just passing on the message. 😊 Hope my two cents helped.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think we tend to hold ourselves to a higher standard than we do others. Mistakes happen. I have a puppy, and I've noticed mistakes I'm making with his upbringing. I have to remind myself I am not perfect. You have been trying to help this cat have a happy home and a happy life, and if he's not the right cat for your home, you're doing all you can to find a home that suits his needs. That's more than a lot of people would do! Your resident cats have the right to a peaceful home, and the new cat has the same right, and it sounds like you're giving it a lot of effort to ensure that happens for all of them. :)

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Katanya Katanya

Sorry im a bit late to this post! The first two weeks are the hardest! Especially with a siamese mix.

Do you have someone who can come help you for a bit? A friend who can stop by frequently or come stay a few days? Doesnt even need to be the same friend. But reach out to your supports. Our friend gladly came a few times on Ghost's first weekend with us.

Then Id just say that youre doung face to face too soon. You need some gated intros so your RCs can get some positive interactions without risk.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In C chigusa 's thread I go over my method of intros. They rolled back their intros and it is now moving forward positively. New cat introduction... Weird

When you have an acitve cat, it will be hard to keep him in a room. It wont matter the toys as siamese are social. So the extra person would be so helpful to you.

Intros always cause a bit of stress to our RCs. There's no avoiding it. I always provide some lysine and some extra water in their food.

Are you using food enrichment activities for eating times?
Does he have a wrestle toy like the flopping fish?

When he plays with your feet or hands, make a high pitched "eeep!" Sound.

Katanya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes ,it is possible and it is never too late to start the process all over again - truly,you've not " ruined' anything not have you ' created ' the problem - you simply did what you thought was best

Look,we understand - this is not the first time we've heard from someone who's encountered an issue they've never dealt with before and have never had any problems before a certain cat comes along- you're not alone,we didn't always know what we know now- some of us are professionals,some are not but have many years of experience and others are new to it all -:eek:ne thing we all have in common is we love CATS❤And that's the reason we are all here doing what we can to help others to not have to make the mistakes we've all made at one time or another - so no one is judging you,we are here to help,encourage ahd support you

You can start over if you think you're up for it or not- that's entirely up to you.....You obviously love your cats and want what is best for them first and foremost so as much as I'd personally love to see this new kitty remain with you ( and yes it can work)I'll not try to sell you on the idea because it's only fair to tell you the work,time ,patience and energy that is involved - so if you are prepared to commit to dedicating yourself to what lies ahead then let's begin

But know this,if you think it's best not to adopt this boy then you're going to have to work hard at finding him a place to go- are there no kill shelters in your area?I'm sure many people here can suggest the best way to go about advertising a nice young energetic attention seeking kitty that needs a home

So the choice is yours,Ime nobody really knows exactly what they are getting from a shelter - most volunteers don't know much about them and rarely are they assessed by a certified professional as it would cost way too much for these organizations - so it's not a surprise they know little about intros and behavior

If you want help,you got it- if you want support,you got it...... We are on the same team,your intention was all good and it's appreciated----- where do we go from here?❤
Thank you. I’ve taken animal communication classes in the past, so went to ask a friend (who ended up charging me) and told me this cat was with a pack of cats and he was the leader. Now without them, he’s acting out of insecurity. He literally, LITERALLY cried for 5 hours this morning from 5 am to 10 am. I let him out, he could play with 1 of 2 of my cats. He was still crying to get to the rest of my space, but that’s for my boy cat. But he cried so much, I gave in let him run through the entire place and then he had a stand off with my boy cat under the bed 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m over it.
Look, I love cats as much as anyone, but this isn’t normal. I’m trying to find him a working farm or property type situation, Bc he’d be able to be indoor/outdoor and still get socialization. I think he just misses being outside. When he gets with my cats, he just wants to take over out of insecurity. He plays a little but then gets dominant. My male cat has had a URI flare in the last 2 days and I just can’t do it to him anymore. My girl cat is going to be mad at me bc she was starting to play with him. But he’s competing too much with my other boy and I’m sure I can “work” it out but I’m also sure it’s going to change both my cats personalities by the time I get there.

I will miss him but I don’t think he’s happy here. He doesn’t even know what to do when he gets up on the bed with me. He just gets frenetic, running back and forth, getting off the bed, on the bed, off/on/off/on, attacking my feet, it is LITERALLY NONSTOP in this pattern until he goes to another room. I have ADHD, so for him to be too much for me is saying something. That’s how much energy this guy has. I’ve never seen anything like it. My animal communicator friend heard “I’m a force to be reckoned with” from him and she’s not wrong! This guy needs a huge territory to get out the amount of energy he has. I’m still torn a bit but every day that he tears stuff up, cries for hours on end...I’ve bought him a slow lick mat, Kong puzzle treat toy....nothing matters. The only time he relaxes at all is when he eats. That’s it. For 3 minutes of everyday, I have peace. I’ve done everything I know to do except give it more time. Some will be mad at me but I can only take so much.Especially when this wasn’t ever what I had in mind nor knew I was getting. I am not in a position to be taking on a difficult case like this. But I have a heart and feel for him. Yet he’s wearing me thin. If I can’t let him out completely today, I’m calling barn programs tomorrow when they open and hope to find a fit. Every no kill shelter I’ve contacted so far is full and have asked me to continue to foster him. So that’s where it’s at. I honestly don’t feel good about any of this and I can’t imagine he does either.

I tried to take him out for a walk but he started breathing shallow and got anxious so I brought him back in. I’m trying to ask if any friends know of a property for him. Waiting for an answer. I know even when he leaves it’s going to feel like a catch 22, but it is what it is.

Katanya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In C chigusa 's thread I go over my method of intros. They rolled back their intros and it is now moving forward positively. New cat introduction... Weird

When you have an acitve cat, it will be hard to keep him in a room. It wont matter the toys as siamese are social. So the extra person would be so helpful to you.

Intros always cause a bit of stress to our RCs. There's no avoiding it. I always provide some lysine and some extra water in their food.

Are you using food enrichment activities for eating times?
Does he have a wrestle toy like the flopping fish?

When he plays with your feet or hands, make a high pitched "eeep!" Sound.
Yes he’s very active so you’ve hit the nail on the head. It’s nearly impossible to keep him in a room. He has 2 different textured balls to play with, a fabric small bunny, a catnip tea bag, a chew stick, a kong toy, a stuffed animal rabbit, a slow lick mat, a string toy, a fleece blanket, a scratcher pad and 2 hideout cubicles. I put classical music on, he has a window to sit in and look out of. Some of this helped him in the 1st few days, but now he’s figured it out. He’s very smart. Unfortunately I don’t have anyone who can help me though.

If he didn’t bother my other boy so badly it could work. But they clash. And now my boys URI is flaring. I thought this cat looked more like a kitten when I 1st saw him. But he’s close to 3. And I think it’s too close in age to my other Siamese boy. They haven’t bitten each other or scratched but they’ve hissed and growled.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes he’s very active so you’ve hit the nail on the head. It’s nearly impossible to keep him in a room. He has 2 different textured balls to play with, a fabric small bunny, a catnip tea bag, a chew stick, a kong toy, a stuffed animal rabbit, a slow lick mat, a string toy, a fleece blanket, a scratcher pad and 2 hideout cubicles. I put classical music on, he has a window to sit in and look out of. Some of this helped him in the 1st few days, but now he’s figured it out. He’s very smart. Unfortunately I don’t have anyone who can help me though.

If he didn’t bother my other boy so badly it could work. But they clash. And now my boys URI is flaring. I thought this cat looked more like a kitten when I 1st saw him. But he’s close to 3. And I think it’s too close in age to my other Siamese boy. They haven’t bitten each other or scratched but they’ve hissed and growled.
Ultimately its up to you. But hissing and growling are normal for most cats during the introduction process. So are flare ups for chronic conditions. They're already in the stress, would be a shame that they had thayt increase in and you went through all that for no reason.

Usually for male cats, close in age works out well.

There's no contacts from your time fostering who would be willing to help out? Perhaps there's a local teen that can come by to play with him after school for a couple dollars. You could also check on your local Buy Nothing or neighbourly group on FB to see if someone could help. Community is where we make it and everyone needs one.❣

No amount of stationary toys will keep an older cat occupied and especially a smart one. That's why i really recommend for intros going to gates/screen door right away and just doing all your free time there and letting the cats come and go. Lots of treats, pets and play at the gate. Treat toss away from the gate if someone gets hissy to redirect. Usually, I use a different kind of dry food rather than a true treat.

It sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of keeping him. Have you already made up your mind?

Katanya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ultimately its up to you. But hissing and growling are normal for most cats during the introduction process. So are flare ups for chronic conditions. They're already in the stress, would be a shame that they had thayt increase in and you went through all that for no reason.

There's no contacts from your time fostering who would be willing to help out? Perhaps there's a local teen that can come by to play with him after school for a couple dollars. You could also check on your local Buy Nothing or neighbourly group on FB to see if someone could help. Community is where we make it and everyone needs one.❣

No amount of stationary toys will keep an older cat occupied and especially a smart one. That's why i really recommend for intros going to gates/screen door right away and just doing all your free time there and letting the cats come and go. Lots of treats, pets and play at the gate. Treat toss away from the gate if someone gets hissy to redirect. Usually, I use a different kind of dry food rather than a true treat.

It sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of keeping him. Have you already made up your mind?
He would jump over any hate. It won’t do anything to keep him in. I’d have to have a full door cover for him. He can jump up to the top shelf of my closet from a low box on the floor. I put boxes in front of the door with 2 10 pound weights and he was able to move them and push them out of the way.

I’m not 100% but I’ve pretty much decided if I hear back from a barn program, I’m going to rehome him. There’s no way I’ll be able to keep putting up with no sleep. As it is, I’m sleeping during the day today bc he kept me up all night. And then my cats feel me stress out. Its not a fix to have someone help temporary though I appreciate the suggestion and all rescue friends are booked up with their own rescues bc of kitten season right now. I’m super depressed about all of this. There’s nothing good about it. If he stays, who knows when he will let me sleep or get along with my own cats bc he usurps all of my time from them. It’s taking too much energy for something that should not be this hard.

Katanya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I wanted to edit my last post but don’t see an edit option. I meant to write gate not hate. Also, it’s a catch 22 no matter which way it goes at this point. If he gets rehomed, I feel guilty and bad about it and bringing him in at all and if he stays, I have anxiety over my resident cats having peace and not being sick. I’ve had to look at pros and cons of both. Ultimately it’s better to have 2 healthy cats then 3 upset, depressed and sick ones. Or trying to guess when they’ll ever get along, when I’ll be able to ever leave them alone together etc. I now see why people bring kittens home more. It’s easier for all cats involved to accept each other. I heavily dislike this situation but worry will get me nowhere and I can’t leave it like this. I’m only veering towards rehoming bc this is no way to live everyday and there’s no guarantee it’ll ever get better. How much am I supposed to stress my boy out for a new cat that’s only been here 3 weeks?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Katanya Katanya It's not easier to bring home a kitten and introduce them. You may have been lucky in the past, but a kittens energy easily outmatches an older cat. Because they arent socialized yet, its easy for a kitten to stress out, hurt or cause a condition to flare for an older cat. This forum itself is riddled with people struggling to introduce single kittens to older cats.

I look at it very differently then you. To me, I would be thinking, "How could I have caused 3 weeks of stress on three cats for nothing." That's just my view though. It's just different from yours, neither is right or wrong.

You'll never get a timeline in advance for introducing cats. Its not possible. Its 100% always a guessing game. It took us 6 months to settle Magnus into the home with Nobel and he had been around loads of cats before AND was lonely. Magnus was only 4 months. Then it took 3 weeks to introduce Calcifer to Magnus and a few more weeks after that until he was integrated with Nobel.

Two weeks is the minimum amount of time, not the goal. Most introductions take months. I get it. I got lucky in the past too and didnt do too much for cats to get along.

As I said only you can decide if its feasible. Id highly recommend seeing if you can find a foster home based rescue for him if your adoption contract allows, where you can really advise the rescue on his personality should you decide against keeping him. Hes already been returned and its fine not to be the right home, but he needs a rescue that will be determined to make the next home the right one.

If you decide to keep him, we're all happy to be on this intro journey with you. But we can't make that decision. Only you can decide if you're up to the task.

Katanya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Katanya Katanya It's not easier to bring home a kitten and introduce them. You may have been lucky in the past, but a kittens energy easily outmatches an older cat. Because they arent socialized yet, its easy for a kitten to stress out, hurt or cause a condition to flare for an older cat. This forum itself is riddled with people struggling to introduce single kittens to older cats.

I look at it very differently then you. To me, I would be thinking, "How could I have caused 3 weeks of stress on three cats for nothing." That's just my view though. It's just different from yours, neither is right or wrong.

You'll never get a timeline in advance for introducing cats. Its not possible. Its 100% always a guessing game. It took us 6 months to settle Magnus into the home with Nobel and he had been around loads of cats before AND was lonely. Magnus was only 4 months. Then it took 3 weeks to introduce Calcifer to Magnus and a few more weeks after that until he was integrated with Nobel.

Two weeks is the minimum amount of time, not the goal. Most introductions take months. I get it. I got lucky in the past too and didnt do too much for cats to get along.

As I said only you can decide if its feasible. Id highly recommend seeing if you can find a foster home based rescue for him if your adoption contract allows, where you can really advise the rescue on his personality should you decide against keeping him. Hes already been returned and its fine not to be the right home, but he needs a rescue that will be determined to make the next home the right one.

If you decide to keep him, we're all happy to be on this intro journey with you. But we can't make that decision. Only you can decide if you're up to the task.
His energy is too much for me overall. Even when he gets around me he doesn’t relax. He’s frenetic. I was looking for a cat to be friends with my other 2 and a lap cat for myself. He’s overtaking everything and it’s driving me bonkers. It may only be 3 weeks but why would anyone in their right mind want to push themselves to deal with more? Indefinitely? I’m still searching for rescues but every rescue is full and asks me if I can foster. Only if they can take him soon. The entire building I live in can hear him and it’s not getting any easier. When I let him out earlier again, he was fine with my girl but he went up to the boy on his cat tree and my boy swatted him this time and hissed. I’m stressed out.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
His energy is too much for me overall. Even when he gets around me he doesn’t relax. He’s frenetic. I was looking for a cat to be friends with my other 2 and a lap cat for myself. He’s overtaking everything and it’s driving me bonkers. It may only be 3 weeks but why would anyone in their right mind want to push themselves to deal with more? Indefinitely? I’m still searching for rescues but every rescue is full and asks me if I can foster. Only if they can take him soon. The entire building I live in can hear him and it’s not getting any easier. When I let him out earlier again, he was fine with my girl but he went up to the boy on his cat tree and my boy swatted him this time and hissed. I’m stressed out.
I happily deal with the same energy level daily for 3 years. We are each different in that.

Then you've made up your mind :)
Look at rescues as far as you're willing and able to get to. Some will meet you half way.

I would not recommend a kitten if you do decide to try again. I would recommend that you do a cat over 2 years old from a foster home. You'll get a better judge of character. You'll want want that's considered unreactive to other cats, rather than just used to other cats.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am sorry you won’t be keeping this cat. Cats are hard. But this cat sounds like a super smart cat that would be the kind you could easily teach to do tricks and he would love it.
Don’t listen to anyone that says they are an animal communicator, then says a statement of what the cat was saying in English. It is what they assume you want to hear.
I am not trying to be obnoxious here, but it’s the truth. People think like people and cats think like cats. Cats don’t think in English or any human language so there is no way someone can make a statement about the cat having a narrative in the cats mind. Hope this makes sense.
You would be doing this cat a horrible injustice to send him to a farm home, indoor outdoor home, or a single pet home. This is a lively normal friendly cat. He will do great in a home with someone that wants that.

The crying non stop, was that after you took him for a walk? Taking him outside wouldn’t be a good idea at this point. He should be indoor only.

What area are you in? It’s ok if you want to private message me. I can ask around and see if I can find someone who wants a cat like him.

If you do decide to keep him, that’s great. But if not, I will ask around.

This is honestly the personality that is easiest taught tricks and loves to preform. I’m not that far from Hollywood.;)

Katanya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I am sorry you won’t be keeping this cat. Cats are hard. But this cat sounds like a super smart cat that would be the kind you could easily teach to do tricks and he would love it.
Don’t listen to anyone that says they are an animal communicator, then says a statement of what the cat was saying in English. It is what they assume you want to hear.
I am not trying to be obnoxious here, but it’s the truth. People think like people and cats think like cats. Cats don’t think in English or any human language so there is no way someone can make a statement about the cat having a narrative in the cats mind. Hope this makes sense.
You would be doing this cat a horrible injustice to send him to a farm home, indoor outdoor home, or a single pet home. This is a lively normal friendly cat. He will do great in a home with someone that wants that.

The crying non stop, was that after you took him for a walk? Taking him outside wouldn’t be a good idea at this point. He should be indoor only.

What area are you in? It’s ok if you want to private message me. I can ask around and see if I can find someone who wants a cat like him.

If you do decide to keep him, that’s great. But if not, I will ask around.

This is honestly the personality that is easiest taught tricks and loves to preform. I’m not that far from Hollywood.;)
An animal communicator feels their energy no different then a psychic. This is someone who studied with Joan Ranquet. Do not judge until you have reviewed her material as she has a lot of valuable information and is highly successful for a reason.

I’m not a person who can have my schedule rearranged indefinitely by a cat. He has now resorted to going to the bathroom on my things and throwing his litter around when he can’t get out of his room at 5 am. There’s no way I can let him out of the room while I’m sleeping bc I still can’t trust him with my cats without being monitored as they are still unpredictable around each other.

***He will try and mount any female he is put with like he’s doing to my girl and she has to fight him off bc he only got neutered a month ago at 3 yrs old and he competes with other males, so I don’t recommend putting him with other cats unless they can put him in his place on first meeting. You’d be extremely irresponsible putting him with others bc he will try and overtake them. He humps pillows and his stuffed animal rabbit that he’s ripped apart the back of.

***He is used to being outside and bc of this needs more space then most cats that have been inside since they were kittens. I suppose if you live in a mansion where you’ve got huge indoor space plus a backyard, he’d be ok, but otherwise, a farm property seems best so he can come and go as he pleases. He’s not a cat that likes to be contained. I thought he was crying bc he wanted to be with me, but when I let him out and try to sleep, he just runs zoomies around the bed and bedroom indefinitely and then cries to get out to the rest of my space that I keep clear for my other boy cat. He will just keep pushing until he gets what he wants. And by pushing I mean, vocalizing indefinitely, pawing at the floor nonstop to get out, banging on the door, boxes and anything else he can find. He has 2 doors to do this with bc there’s a jack and Jill bathroom attached to the guest bedroom and my bedroom. When he goes into the bathroom, he will bang on the glass shower doors which rumble the whole room.

No he never went for a walk bc I took him out from his carrier in the garage and just him walking around the garage was enough to make him panic. So I scooped him up and brought him back in. He’s only been on my balcony since, which he loves. But he has to walk through my boys space to get there, so I can only let him do it during the day.

If he’d let me get a full nights rest, it wouldn’t be so bad, but he won’t. 5 am he is up and you will be too. Bc after you put the bowl down to feed him and you think you can have quiet, he will cry once he’s done eating if he can’t come out and then go on a 3 hour banging spree. That’s with going into the room several times and spending time with him and trying to leave, same pattern ensues.

The only thing that makes him stop is literally letting him overtake everything, letting him beat up my resident cats, letting him in their space and putting them out and putting a new cat before cats I've had for 5 years.
You live close to me as I’m in the Valley, but if you’re going to put him with other cats, I’m not going to transfer bc you’ll have the same issues unless you want to put your cats out for this cat, have at it. If you’ve got space, you can try and see if it works for you.

I’m personally not willing to live like this much longer. Mind you, I’ve fostered 5 kittens at a time with these 2 cats and there was no problem. They were vocal, but they played with themselves. For some reason, this guy has to dictate to humans and cats the way it’s going to be bc he’s insecure.

Sarah M

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
An animal communicator feels their energy no different then a psychic. This is someone who studied with Joan Ranquet. Do not judge until you have reviewed her material as she has a lot of valuable information and is highly successful for a reason.

I’m not a person who can have my schedule rearranged indefinitely by a cat. He has now resorted to going to the bathroom on my things and throwing his litter around when he can’t get out of his room at 5 am. There’s no way I can let him out of the room while I’m sleeping bc I still can’t trust him with my cats without being monitored as they are still unpredictable around each other.

***He will try and mount any female he is put with like he’s doing to my girl and she has to fight him off bc he only got neutered a month ago at 3 yrs old and he competes with other males, so I don’t recommend putting him with other cats unless they can put him in his place on first meeting. You’d be extremely irresponsible putting him with others bc he will try and overtake them. He humps pillows and his stuffed animal rabbit that he’s ripped apart the back of.

***He is used to being outside and bc of this needs more space then most cats that have been inside since they were kittens. I suppose if you live in a mansion where you’ve got huge indoor space plus a backyard, he’d be ok, but otherwise, a farm property seems best so he can come and go as he pleases. He’s not a cat that likes to be contained. I thought he was crying bc he wanted to be with me, but when I let him out and try to sleep, he just runs zoomies around the bed and bedroom indefinitely and then cries to get out to the rest of my space that I keep clear for my other boy cat. He will just keep pushing until he gets what he wants. And by pushing I mean, vocalizing indefinitely, pawing at the floor nonstop to get out, banging on the door, boxes and anything else he can find. He has 2 doors to do this with bc there’s a jack and Jill bathroom attached to the guest bedroom and my bedroom. When he goes into the bathroom, he will bang on the glass shower doors which rumble the whole room.

No he never went for a walk bc I took him out from his carrier in the garage and just him walking around the garage was enough to make him panic. So I scooped him up and brought him back in. He’s only been on my balcony since, which he loves. But he has to walk through my boys space to get there, so I can only let him do it during the day.

If he’d let me get a full nights rest, it wouldn’t be so bad, but he won’t. 5 am he is up and you will be too. Bc after you put the bowl down to feed him and you think you can have quiet, he will cry once he’s done eating if he can’t come out and then go on a 3 hour banging spree. That’s with going into the room several times and spending time with him and trying to leave, same pattern ensues.

The only thing that makes him stop is literally letting him overtake everything, letting him beat up my resident cats, letting him in their space and putting them out and putting a new cat before cats I've had for 5 years.
You live close to me as I’m in the Valley, but if you’re going to put him with other cats, I’m not going to transfer bc you’ll have the same issues unless you want to put your cats out for this cat, have at it. If you’ve got space, you can try and see if it works for you.

I’m personally not willing to live like this much longer. Mind you, I’ve fostered 5 kittens at a time with these 2 cats and there was no problem. They were vocal, but they played with themselves. For some reason, this guy has to dictate to humans and cats the way it’s going to be bc he’s insecure.
I find that engaging in extensive play helps before bed time to settle energetic cats and have them sleep thru the night. One of my cats is the most energetic cat you will ever find. She was a kitten and she is as a 7 year old (She used to have zoomies at 3am every night, which is their nature as cats are crepuscular, but it affects our sleep). I play with her every night and then after the is all done, I give her a meal. That is lights out for her and she sleeps thru the night. If I miss a day and don't play with her, for any reason, she resorts to throwing things off at night and just raises hell.

So, you can try that to see if it helps and if doing so is letting you get a good nights sleep.

Btw, some cats are also entertained by laser pointer. But since its not tangible, it can make the cat very frustrated.