Reheating wet food in microwave...

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I concur with the warm water concept! Right when I open a new can he LOVES it.... but if I ever heat it up in the microwave he barely touches it :(

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stopped using microwave. Only reheat using warm water,

double boiler method if needed.  My critters always preferred non microwaved food as well.

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not microwaved nearly enough to warm it. It basically takes the edge off the cold. Unless Sara isn't eating for other reasons though, she generally doesn't care what I do with it. I think Oscar and Penelopy are the only two "picky" cats I have, and even that's a stretch.

wendalore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear there are other cats with the same preference as mine. Strange that a cat, who would be tearing up a little animal and gobbling it down if they caught it in the wild would not each lumps and chunks! Don't you think? I have to mash up the pate with the back of the spoon and make it into "puree" it seems like. Glad I discovered being able to do this. Do you ever come across little sharp pieces of bone?  I got some Newman's Own Chicken Crockpot and found a LOT of little bone pieces that I would never have noticed if I hadn't been mashing it against the bottom of the dish with the back of the spoon. That doesn't seem right. It says "no grain" on the can, but not "no bone." lol    I fished them out with my fingers, and they were REAlly hard and sharp.

Do you know how common it is that cats need to have such fine cat food?   I could never give the "gravy" cat food, b/c he'll lick off all the gravy and leave the food. Does anyone sell "pureed" cat food? Do they sell any kind of SMALL device that I could use do you know? 

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine do the same with the gravy meals. Cats, in the wild, would tear their meat and eat chucks but it would be a far more chewy and pliable texture. Pate style is more like kitty oatmeal. I wet the pate food some and mix it up as well. My cat used to only eat it if I mashed to the point that it was more like soup. I happened to switch food though to Wellness and for some reason he no longer reauires it to be like soup. Go figure. Irs still pate style! If a cat wont eat, I have noticed my cat really like Cran Relief powder. He uses it for cystitis but clearly likes the taste!

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's good to hear there are other cats with the same preference as mine. Strange that a cat, who would be tearing up a little animal and gobbling it down if they caught it in the wild would not each lumps and chunks! Don't you think? I have to mash up the pate with the back of the spoon and make it into "puree" it seems like. Glad I discovered being able to do this. Do you ever come across little sharp pieces of bone?  I got some Newman's Own Chicken Crockpot and found a LOT of little bone pieces that I would never have noticed if I hadn't been mashing it against the bottom of the dish with the back of the spoon. That doesn't seem right. It says "no grain" on the can, but not "no bone." lol    I fished them out with my fingers, and they were REAlly hard and sharp.

Do you know how common it is that cats need to have such fine cat food?   I could never give the "gravy" cat food, b/c he'll lick off all the gravy and leave the food. Does anyone sell "pureed" cat food? Do they sell any kind of SMALL device that I could use do you know? 
Try a mortar and pestle or a small food chopper..just dont add too much water in the processor. A potato masher might work too. I always jusy used water and a spoon though and flattened with the spoon. Cats are crazy.