Reheating food

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
When I give my cat wet food she likes it heated a little in the microwave. She rarely eats it all at once and sometimes the remaining foid sits awhile on her plate. If I put the remaining food in the fridge is it okay to reheat again later even though I heated once already?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure. It's fine to reheat it a few times. It might get dry after awhile but you can just add a little water to moisten it. Maybe just give your cat just enough that will be eaten up quickly and save the rest of the can for later meals. Canned food can sit out at room temperature pretty much all day anyways.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sure. It's fine to reheat it a few times. It might get dry after awhile but you can just add a little water to moisten it. Maybe just give your cat just enough that will be eaten up quickly and save the rest of the can for later meals. Canned food can sit out at room temperature pretty much all day anyways.
Thanks, yeah if I leave it sit out she won't eat it if it gets dry. Sometimes if I add water she will. I thought maybe just putting it away and bringing.it out later would help. Such a waste of food!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can also heat up some water and then mix a little bit of it with the food - whether or not you leave it out or store it in the fridge. I leave Feeby's out most of the day, but add some water to it off and on so she will continue to graze on it (she rejects it if it gets dry).