Regurgitating food

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It seems like our cat is regurgitating food within minutes when any kind of supplements are added. It doesn’t happen every single time. Weird thing is she tries to eat the food that came up. I’ve heard this behavior is not normal. Why is she regurgitating and why is she eating the food back.

we feed small amount spaced apart so she doesn’t scarf and barf. Also her bowl is raised.

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What kind of supplements? Are they well-mixed? Not sure if this example is relevant to you, but I noticed that my cat would get sick when I put cosequin in on top of her wet food with water bc it would sort of clump and no amount of mixing helped. Instead I mix the supplement into the wet food directly and then add a little water.

Edit: also how old, gender, what is she eating, any known health issues?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s 4, IBD ragdoll kitty. Visbiome or adored beast healthy gut are supplements. We mix micro dusting into the food but within minutes, she regurgitates. It doesn’t happen every time and it’s random. Sometimes am or pm.
We feed her semi raw duck. She used to eat canned food, lamb, rabbit, pork, chicken. Vet said novel protein so we are doing duck. We removed the skin so it’s not fatty

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It isn't all that abnormal for a cat to try to eat what they just threw up, and from what I have seen it is more common when the food is undigested/regurgitated. I know you said you feed her small amounts spaced apart - how often is that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. It isn't all that abnormal for a cat to try to eat what they just threw up, and from what I have seen it is more common when the food is undigested/regurgitated. I know you said you feed her small amounts spaced apart - how often is that?
Small portions 3-4 times a day