Regular canned cat food similar in texture to Hills A D or Royal Canin Recovery

edandjill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat Lilly was just diagnosed with severe case of HCM and has gastro issues as well. We are finally on the right track with her thanks to changing vets. She has trouble chewing and is in need of a dental but due to her recent diagnosis of HCM the vet wants to wait on the dental. We need a regular food similar in texture to Hills A D or Royal Canin Recovery. Lilly has been having no trouble eating Hills A D.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Have you looked at Forza 10?
Forza10 - Dog and Cat Food for Pets with Sensitivities

Or Fancy Feast pate, including their kitten food (I haven't tried their Senior variety) - I add a little water to it, and it could be mushed even more to really get that consistency. There's also Solid Gold, Wellness Core and Merrick Limited Ingredient are a few others.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also mix A/D with something else to up that something else's appeal and get a smoother texture if that something else is a firmer pate. My Betty has tummy issues. The A/D on its own is too rich for her. I/D stew doesn't have enough calories. I mix 1 part A/D to 2 parts I/D for a firm and chewy pate because Betty seems to prefer chewing her stew over licking a pate. I'm not suggesting you use I/D as the base (unless Lilly likes the I/D pate that Betty does not), but you don't have to find that one perfect food either. Find something that will agree with her and then add the A/D to get her to eat it. Rawz has smooth pates without the gums that trouble kitties with tummy troubles.