Regarding power cables?

ItsSoVeryFluffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got 2 beautiful kittens but all they do is love chewing on things. Im looking for pipes and or power holders that i can surround lots of cables in my room any suggestions. Preferably a pipe that can hold inside up to 10 wires.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lowes has this hard plastic flex tubing to cover wires/cables etc.its about 1 inch diameter. not sure if its gonna cover all the wires good other than that i can only think of pvc pipe which was my next option to try if this flex tubing didnt work for my cat. also might try some chew toys as well kittens might be teething still i used dog/puppy ones since they seemed to last longer for my cat

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone and Gracie (although I suspect is was mostly Gracie) chewed almost clear through our phone cord. We ended up getting a new phone and then wrapping the cords around so they (she) couldn't get to them. Get lots of toys that they can carry around. A mouse in the mouth prevents having a cord in the mouth. :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a TCS article that has suggestions:

Kittens are notorious for inappropriate chewing and other behaviors. You need to have patience to teach them good behavior and discourage bad ones. Make sure to play with the kittens daily and feed them enough. Bored and hungry kittens will seek out things to do.

Hardware stores sell semi rigid flexible tubing you can use to tuck cords inside. Some tubes are reinforced with a mesh inside. The tubing comes in various diameters and thicknesses. I think a hardware store can cut pieces for you if you don't need a whole roll / package. Aquarium tubing will work in a pinch but tends to be easily chewed through by sharp teeth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ItsSoVeryFluffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's a TCS article that has suggestions:

[/URL]

Kittens are notorious for inappropriate chewing and other behaviors. You need to have patience to teach them good behavior and discourage bad ones. Make sure to play with the kittens daily and feed them enough. Bored and hungry kittens will seek out things to do.

Hardware stores sell semi rigid flexible tubing you can use to tuck cords inside. Some tubes are reinforced with a mesh inside. The tubing comes in various diameters and thicknesses. I think a hardware store can cut pieces for you if you don't need a whole roll / package. Aquarium tubing will work in a pinch but tends to be easily chewed through by sharp teeth.
appreciate the advise everybody