Referral Needed, Re. Rescue Organization, Or Tnr Group

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fist; I have to thank the Man-Upstairs for guiding this boy in the trap!

Second; I want to send my sincerest appreciation, and thanks to everyone's encouragement, support and help! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Well, you may not believe this, but "Here He Is, In His Room"! .....

However, someone should tell him there's some truth in this song. ...

HIT IT, DEAN!

So he doesn't look so sad! Hope the boy doesn't take long to decompress.

It's 8AM, and I haven't eaten dinner yet. Just wanted to let you know he's in his room. Phoenix presently has excessive heat warnings since yesterday. In our area the temp's been around 105, and it's predicted to hit 115 plus on Thursday.

I'll give you all the blow by blow details in a few!

Pops

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fist; I have to thank the Man-Upstairs for guiding this boy in the trap!

Second; I want to send my sincerest appreciation, and thanks to everyone's encouragement, support and help! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Well, you may not believe this, but "Here He Is, In His Room"! .....

However, someone should tell him there's some truth in this song. ...

HIT IT, DEAN!

So he doesn't look so sad! Hope the boy doesn't take long to decompress.

It's 8AM, and I haven't eaten dinner yet. Just wanted to let you know he's in his room. Phoenix presently has excessive heat warnings since yesterday. In our area the temp's been around 105, and it's predicted to hit 115 plus on Thursday.

I'll give you all the blow by blow details in a few!

Pops
***BRAVO!!!*** :goldstar::cheerleader::bliss:I think it's his independence day -- independence from danger and having to live like he was living.
Stay cool, you all, and we can't wait for updates! :anticipation:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Blow by blow is still coming, but wanted to use this thread as a record type of thing.

July 3rd;

8:35 PM; Walked in trap. He'd didn't panic when the trap door fell (one thing I really appreciated while watching Tru-Catch's video. How gently the trap door closes (?)). He just crunched down, looked scared, but not panicked, e.g. extremely stressed / fighting to get out!

9:15 PM; In his room! Cried couple of times, but still let me (while cautiously) pet him on the top of his head, and back! Moved a couple of boxes, to prevent him from hiding behind them.

Note: there was water around his water bowl, so I hope he drank some water while no one was around.

July 4, 2018;

Note: slept on the floor in his room for a few hours around 10 AM to noon. Would have stayed longer, but the floor is quite hard! ... lol

4 PM; the boy finally started to eat. Fed him a 1/4 bag of treats, and spoon fed him 1 can of Beyond Gravy! More importantly, IMO, he's been extremely affectionate. If I pet him, he pushes his head and neck / chin, into my hand. Pushes his head into my hand while he eats!

Offered some water, but wouldn't drink. Placed fresh water in his bowl. I'll order a third bowl for his Beyond dry food / with Beyond treats mixed in.

Note: he still hasn't moved from his spot on the window sill though (he did get up to stretch). Hope he uses his litter box.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blow by blow is still coming, but wanted to use this thread as a record type of thing.

July 3rd;

8:35 PM; Walked in trap. He'd didn't panic when the rap door fell (one thing I really appreciated while watching Tru-Catch's video. How gently the trap door closes (?)). He just crunched down, looked scared, but not panicked, e.g. extremely stressed / fighting to get out!

9:15 PM; In his room! Cried couple of times, but still let me (while cautiously) pet him on the top of his head, and back! Moved a couple of boxes, to prevent him from hiding behind them.

Note: there was water around his water bowl, so I hope he drank some water while no one was around.

July 4, 2018;

Note: slept on the floor in his room for a few hours around 10 AM to noon. Would have stayed longer, but the floor is quite hard! ... lol

4 PM; the boy finally started to eat. Fed him a 1/4 bag of treats, and spoon fed him 1 can of Beyond Gravy! More importantly, IMO, he's been extremely affectionate. If I pet him, he pushes his head and neck / chin, into my hand. Pushes his head into my hand while he eats!

Offered some water, but wouldn't drink. Placed fresh water in his bowl. Those raised Necoichi bowls are cool stuff! I'll order a third bowl for his Beyond dry food / with Beyond treats mixed in.

Note: he still hasn't moved from his spot on the window sill though (he did get up to stretch). Hope he uses his litter box.
He may not use his box for awhile if he's nervous, but as long as he knows where it is, he will when he's ready.

You do NOT have a feral cat there. This cat is longing to be YOUR CAT. He loves you already! :catlove:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He may not use his box for awhile if he's nervous, but as long as he knows where it is, he will when he's ready.

You do NOT have a feral cat there. This cat is longing to be YOUR CAT. He loves you already! :catlove:

I sure hope he does use it. While preparing his room, he laid in it, so he should know where it is! ... lol

I'm so behind getting ready for work!

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay! I wasn't expecting you to get him so quickly. Great job. Yeah, I want to hear all the details! He doesn't look too scared. :cheerleader:
Thanks, but, he still hasn't moved from the window sill. He did move out of the sun (as shown in the photo) to the next window sill over. When he did move over, I move the box with the maroon / burgundy blanket on it.

His room is one of the hotter rooms in this house, so while I was at Walmart picking up a few things, e.g. litter, few toys, and as mentioned earlier, a new baby blanket for him (it's the white blanket covering the box in the photo. It's really soft, softer then cotton balls, I think ... lol), etc.. I bought a Honeywell Whole Room Tower Fan for him. I also have a fan blowing air under the door, as well.

I robbed those silver window covering from my motor home to cover the windows to help keep the heat out. This is why there's tape in certain places, or some may say, I Frankensteined the fit! ... LOL .. And it's not like Architectural Digest is going to do a photo shoot, right?!

Pops

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but, he still hasn't moved from the window sill. He did move out of the sun (as shown in the photo) to the next window sill over. When he did move over, I move the box with the maroon / burgundy blanket on it.

His room is one of the hotter rooms in this house, so while I was at Walmart picking up a few things, e.g. litter, few toys, and as mentioned earlier, a new baby blanket for him (it's the white blanket covering the box in the photo. It's really soft, softer then cotton balls, I think ... lol), etc.. I bought a Honeywell Whole Room Tower Fan for him. I also have a fan blowing air under the door, as well.

I robbed those silver window covering from my motor home to cover the windows to help keep the heat out. This is why there's tape in certain places, or some may say, I Frankensteined the fit! ... LOL .. And it's not like Architectural Digest is going to do a photo shoot, right?!

Pops
Well, if they did, they should be very proud of you for putting the comfort and wellbeing of a handsome and sweet cat above anything else! *I know I am!* :thumbsup::thanks::goldstar:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yup, you sure was correct with your assumption (?). I check his litter box after work, AND, WOW did he USE his litter box. All day and a half, or possibly two days worth of pee and poop! His poop was solid, so I guess that's good.

I hope the Greenies Hairball treats help him as well.

Yay! I wasn't expecting you to get him so quickly. Great job. Yeah, I want to hear all the details! He doesn't look too scared. :cheerleader:

Anyways, as promised; the blow by blow on Tuesday night's got yah night! ... lol

It really was an uneventful event, thank goodness. Although, it was quite funny, well now it's funny when thinking back on it. ... lol I'm confident it was the combination of my talk with the Man-Upstairs, and the advise given.

Oh, and remembering to "display / project confidence in wanting to help him", as well as having a "good calm, feeling"!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, when I missed my chance, by making a rookie mistake.

Aside from the trap, I went through my normal routine setting up. Took out my briefcase, set up my folding chair, then, .... while taking a deep breath "having good calm feelings". I set the trap down close to a trailer where he's most comfortable eating (which is located in the shadows, out of the ambient lighting in this area). Set the trap door (this trap is a bit heavier / larger, so I couldn't set the trap door before setting it down). Placed the beach towel over the trap.

Once set. ....

Went back to the Jeep to prepare the boy's dinner. Now this is funny. While preparing his dinner, I look over and he's sniffing the trap door. OK, good sign, he's sticking around, and not laying across the drive looking at me, as he did last week when I took out the trap while I prepared his food, then laying the food down.

A few seconds into my prep, I hear the trap door close. Two thoughts came to me simultaneously. "No Way, he trapped himself?" and "Oh no, not again, time for plan B I guess, shoot! (I used a different word, but this is a family oriented forum .... lol)". ... I looked over my shoulder, and he's sitting next to the closed door. It didn't scare him off! ... LOL

Remained calm, ask if he was hungry? While looking at me, as to say, "What do you think? But geez, it's HOT, isn't it?".

Reset the door, placed the Beyond Gravy, and Beyond Treat bowls in the trap.

Told him go ahead, foods ready. Sat down, and within, maybe, at the most, two minutes. I hear the trap door close. Don't see him around, looked in, an there he was.

As mentioned in an earlier post. Before touching the trap / not wanting to make any mistakes. In addition, if I did make a mistake. I'd have to tell you folks what I did / how I Elmer Fudd this again! I took out the two zip ties, then secured both front and rear doors!

Started the Jeep, turned the AC on, place him in the Jeep. Had the AC directed at him, got in, then asked him, "isn't this better then being HOT?".

He looks back, "yeah this is great, but where's my Pellegrino on Ice?" ... Darn KID! ... LOL

You'all know the rest.

What's cool about the Fat Cat Trap, is the boy had lots of room. Didn't need to crouch down to enter, enough room to walk in. The towel, made the difference in disguising it as well.

Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
BTW, although I had to bring his bowl to him. He ate from HIS bowl! ... Still very much in love with his Beyond Treats. He can't eat enough of this stuff!

However, I'm now cutting back on the treats!

This little guy is affectionate. He'll press his whole body into my hand while I pet him. He'll getup, push himself into my hand while he tries to rub his forehead and chin on my face. I use both hands over his face, and he just soaks it up!

Pops

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, you sure was correct with your assumption (?). I check his litter box after work, AND, WOW did he USE his litter box. All day and a half, or possibly two days worth of pee and poop! His poop was solid, so I guess that's good.

I hope the Greenies Hairball treats help him as well.

Anyways, as promised; the blow by blow on Tuesday night's got yah night! ... lol

It really was an uneventful event, thank goodness. Although, it was quite funny, well now it's funny when thinking back on it. ... lol I'm confident it was the combination of my talk with the Man-Upstairs, and the advise given.

Oh, and remembering to "display / project confidence in wanting to help him", as well as having a "good calm, feeling"!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, when I missed my chance, by making a rookie mistake.

Aside from the trap, I went through my normal routine setting up. Took out my briefcase, set up my folding chair, then, .... while taking a deep breath "having good calm feelings". I set the trap down close to a trailer where he's most comfortable eating (which is located in the shadows, out of the ambient lighting in this area). Set the trap door (this trap is a bit heavier / larger, so I couldn't set the trap door before setting it down). Placed the beach towel over the trap.

Once set. ....

Went back to the Jeep to prepare the boy's dinner. Now this is funny. While preparing his dinner, I look over and he's sniffing the trap door. OK, good sign, he's sticking around, and not laying across the drive looking at me, as he did last week when I took out the trap while I prepared his food, then laying the food down.

A few seconds into my prep, I hear the trap door close. Two thoughts came to me simultaneously. "No Way, he trapped himself?" and "Oh no, not again, time for plan B I guess, shoot! (I used a different word, but this is a family oriented forum .... lol)". ... I looked over my shoulder, and he's sitting next to the closed door. It didn't scare him off! ... LOL

Remained calm, ask if he was hungry? While looking at me, as to say, "What do you think? But geez, it's HOT, isn't it?".

Reset the door, placed the Beyond Gravy, and Beyond Treat bowls in the trap.

Told him go ahead, foods ready. Sat down, and within, maybe, at the most, two minutes. I hear the trap door close. Don't see him around, looked in, an there he was.

As mentioned in an earlier post. Before touching the trap / not wanting to make any mistakes. In addition, if I did make a mistake. I'd have to tell you folks what I did / how I Elmer Fudd this again! I took out the two zip ties, then secured both front and rear doors!

Started the Jeep, turned the AC on, place him in the Jeep. Had the AC directed at him, got in, then asked him, "isn't this better then being HOT?".

He looks back, "yeah this is great, but where's my Pellegrino on Ice?" ... Darn KID! ... LOL

You'all know the rest.

What's cool about the Fat Cat Trap, is the boy had lots of room. Didn't need to crouch down to enter, enough room to walk in. The towel, made the difference in disguising it as well.

Pops
*He's probably a Crystal Geyser cat!* :purr:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's amazing that you caught him in 2 minutes! So...what's his name gonna be? :D
No name, yet. It's a bit complicated, but we'll see what happens. I might be only a stepping stone in his life moving forward. Again, we'll take our time, and see what his future holds.

He still needs to be vetted, etc.. I hope I'll get him use to, or to use his carrier by next week, or at the latest the week after. I have some time off coming to me, so I'll be using it for this.

Presently, he'll hop off the window sill to use his litter box, and as I noticed from the water level in his water bowl, to get a drink of water. But will pop right back up once he's done.

I feel I let his kitten down, but I got him out of this situation, and safe, out of this AZ summer HEAT! I think about his kitten everyday. He should have had a long happy life. He had a great temperament, absolutely friendly, and (as seen in my photos of him in my Jeep) funny little guy!

Pops

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear he's safely indoors now.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Even if you can't keep him yourself at least you've given him a really positive first experience of being indoors. Have you tried a Felliway Plug-in? They're great at keeping a cat calm.

Not that he really needs it if he is letting you pet him already.

;)

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope you are able to adopt him as he clearly loves you and you are fond of him, too. And in my experience, cats usually let you know their names, in time. :winkcat:
If he was a female, like I first thought he was. The name Samantha came to mind, aka. Sam. However, until decisions are made. I call him, "kid"!

I'm so glad to hear he's safely indoors now.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Even if you can't keep him yourself at least you've given him a really positive first experience of being indoors. Have you tried a Felliway Plug-in? They're great at keeping a cat calm.

Not that he really needs it if he is letting you pet him already.

;)
Thanks Norachan! I looked into the Felliway stuff, and it's costly for sure. Figured I see how he's doing before investing in it.

He's coming around, but I tried to carry him (figure I'd see if I could guide him) to his carrier. And he would not have that, AT ALL! ... lol ... front legs spread out, talon's fully extended, and back legs and talon's looking for something to sink into! ... lol

He sure love's his baby blanket though. Rubs himself all over it!

Besides the heat, we're in monsoon season. This would have created a whole different problem for him (and me) if he was still out there. So glad he's out of the property as well!

Guess I've been lucky, as I've only been hissed at a couple of times. But the strange part is, right after he gives me that hiss, he's wanting me to pet him? I mean what's with that? ... lol

Pops

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he was a female, like I first thought he was. The name Samantha came to mind, aka. Sam. However, until decisions are made. I call him, "kid"!

Thanks Norachan! I looked into the Felliway stuff, and it's costly for sure. Figured I see how he's doing before investing in it.

He's coming around, but I tried to carry him (figure I'd see if I could guide him) to his carrier. And he would not have that, AT ALL! ... lol ... front legs spread out, talon's fully extended, and back legs and talon's looking for something to sink into! ... lol

He sure love's his baby blanket though. Rubs himself all over it!

Besides the heat, we're in monsoon season. This would have created a whole different problem for him (and me) if he was still out there. So glad he's out of the property as well!

Guess I've been lucky, as I've only been hissed at a couple of times. But the strange part is, right after he gives me that hiss, he's wanting me to pet him? I mean what's with that? ... lol

Pops
He's feeling conflicted. As a cat living by his wits outdoors, he had to be eternally vigilant, and I believe cats instinctively know that humans are a dicey proposition. But he now knows you are kind and he loves you! That's why he's giving the mixed signals. Just like people, cats need to know they CAN trust and that that trust will not be betrayed. Mammals are hard-wired to be social, interactive and affection-seeking. But we all need to know we will be safe.
*Could you send some of that monsoon our way? We're forecast to have 110F today, 103F tomorrow. July has officially kicked in. Oh, how I long for some rain!*