Referral Needed, Re. Rescue Organization, Or Tnr Group

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where did you get that fancy cat dish that you posted the pic of, the one that is raised up off the floor? Does it work better than a regular dish? I just use plates for my cats, but maybe I'll try something else.

Oh, do you have a link to the eucalyptus oil you buy for mosquitos? We still have another 2 months of mosquitos here, so I was thinking of trying it. Do I put it on my shirt or on myself?

Wow, you went from listening to Frank Sinatra to ACDC? That's quite a jump. :lol:

Here's my all-time favorite Tom Petty song:
Here's the link to the Necoichi Raised Bowls; I can't seem to ad the links, sorry!

Anyways, go to Amazon and search for Necoichi Raised Food and Water Bowls. I purchased the regular size food bowls.

and Plant Therapy Eucalyptus (Globulus) Essential Oil. 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grad. 30ml (1 ounce)

I normally douse both sides of my collar, shoulder and upper sleeve with the stuff (it soaks through the sleeve, but it hasn't bothered me). This stuff will clean out a person's sinuses! ... :lol: ... I'll go thru around 2 plus bottles a month!

However, right after we have a heavy storm. I'll also spray myself with REPEL Natural DEET-Free, until the area dries out.

OK, I haven't eaten yet, and I'm heading out to Petco. See the Dr. Elsey's and, I was reading earlier, a few members mentioning Nutro something or another food! ... :lol:

This IS getting pretty tough!

Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, guess who's still up?

Pops

Just like the NFL, "Not For Long" though! I'm gonna die tonight!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many hours do you usually sleep? You should get 7 or 8 hours or you are taking years off your life. :)

Okay, I see the Eucalyptus Oil. It's the $9.95 one right? Cool under $10 is a bargain to me, I'm happy. Stupid question, but what do I use to dab it on, my finger? Can I touch this stuff?

Thanks for the help. It will be nice if this stuff repels those bloodsuckers. I'm surrounded by the state forest, so tons of them everywhere all day long.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How many hours do you usually sleep? You should get 7 or 8 hours or you are taking years off your life. :)

Okay, I see the Eucalyptus Oil. It's the $9.95 one right? Cool under $10 is a bargain to me, I'm happy. Stupid question, but what do I use to dab it on, my finger? Can I touch this stuff?

Thanks for the help. It will be nice if this stuff repels those bloodsuckers. I'm surrounded by the state forest, so tons of them everywhere all day long.
I don't want to think about how many years I've loss! ... :lol: ... It's been awhile, but on certain projects, I live in a sleep deprived state till the end of the contract. My dog/s loved it though, cause we're always up doing stuff!

Just a note, re, the eucalyptus oil. My shirts are black, so I'm not certain if it will stain other / lighter color material. So, I'd test it first.

The bottle has a slow pour devise (?), so it more or less comes out in drops (unless shaken hard). So I don't have to touch the oil, I just place a lot of it on both sides of the collar, shoulder, and top of the sleeves. I place a lot of the stuff so it soaks through the material, but it hasn't bothered me. However, I've never applied it directly on my skin. I'd suggest testing it first, to see if your skin will be OK with it.

However, after applying the oil, just to be on the safe side (don't want any of the stuff getting on my dog/s, now Santi). I always wash my hands before touching them!

I'll do that with the REPEL as well. I spray it on when I'm outside, away from the dog/s, then wash my hands after.

That's one thing about summer that's a bummer. I'm always having to be aware not getting the stuff on the dog/s. Well, when I had them that is. ... :)

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have a diluted eucalyptus oil that is skin safe. Would that still work?

You should make out a schedule. Like 8 hours for work, 8 hours for sleep, and 8 hours to do what you want. Look at me giving people lectures. :D

Do you ever buy lottery tickets? The Mega Millions is at $303 million. I'm gonna buy one tomorrow. I just started buying them this year.

This is my all-time favorite singer, Rob Thomas:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm using a dry cat food today that has no corn, wheat, or soy. You guys are a bad influence on me. I've turned fancy. Wish me luck...

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm using a dry cat food today that has no corn, wheat, or soy. You guys are a bad influence on me. I've turned fancy. Wish me luck...
Good Luck! .... lol

I got the tip on the eucalyptus oil from one of the guys who hunts. I haven't tried the diluted eucalyptus oil.

An acquaintance who is a retired USAF Major, told me while working with the Navy, the guards would use this stuff for mosquitoes (copy paste in Amazon search bar); Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief - Eucalyptus + Spearmint Body Lotion, 6.5 Fl Oz.

I haven't tried it, so can't confirm if it works, or not.

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I love Bath & Body Works stuff, I buy from them all the time. I'll look for it. Thanks!

My cats ate all their new healthier dry food. As long as Demi doesn't puke it up, I might stick with it. We'll see, maybe I can be a little bit fancier. :D

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I love Bath & Body Works stuff, I buy from them all the time. I'll look for it. Thanks!

My cats ate all their new healthier dry food. As long as Demi doesn't puke it up, I might stick with it. We'll see, maybe I can be a little bit fancier. :D
So how did it go, with the new food? No puking I hope.

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. So far I haven't found any puke! I had to look around down cellar because I keep the door open since they like to play down there. And they are allowed out in the garage, so had to look out there too.

It might be my imagination, but they seem better behaved on this healthier food. Maggie was hanging out on my desk with me, and she didn't try to smack me when I petted her. :D

I got my Mega Millions ticket! The drawing is tonight. $303 million. Wish me luck. I could buy a lot of cat stuff with that, or even get more cats. :)

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. So far I haven't found any puke! I had to look around down cellar because I keep the door open since they like to play down there. And they are allowed out in the garage, so had to look out there too.

It might be my imagination, but they seem better behaved on this healthier food. Maggie was hanging out on my desk with me, and she didn't try to smack me when I petted her. :D

I got my Mega Millions ticket! The drawing is tonight. $303 million. Wish me luck. I could buy a lot of cat stuff with that, or even get more cats. :)
You could do more then get more cats. You could start your own "Cat Sanctuary". Heck, ad a few horses, donkeys, and Lamas to the mix!

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. My friend from this site was the one who told me this strategy. She said wait until the jackpot hits $300 million to buy your ticket because nobody usually wins it before that, so you are just wasting your money. Good advice. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even get one single number! I read on Google that 75% of all winners are quick picks, but I'm not having much luck with that. Maybe next time I will pick my own numbers.

How is Santi? Anything interesting going on? :)

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't even get one single number! I read on Google that 75% of all winners are quick picks, but I'm not having much luck with that. Maybe next time I will pick my own numbers.

How is Santi? Anything interesting going on? :)
Well no worries! No one won the big one, and only one $1mil winner, so ...... lol

Petco stopped carrying Dr. Elsey's in store, it's only available online. I bought a few cans of Tiki Cat Luau stuff, and, it went OK for a few bites, then he looked up at me with that look. I opened a can of Primavera, and the kid ate around 2/3rds, then the rest after awhile. He really likes the Tiki Cat Dash, but man, that stuff IS expensive! Sheez!

Pops

These guys are insane!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, if I didn't win at least nobody else did either. :D I'll try again in a week or so.

My cats rejected that new dry food after 2 days, so I'm trying a different one. This one is Grain Free, but it has soy flour in it! That seems to defeat the purpose of being healthier. But they like it.

I don't think I know that ACDC song.
Here's my favorite of theirs. But now that I listen to the lyrics, it's kinda :eek2:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, if I didn't win at least nobody else did either. :D I'll try again in a week or so.

My cats rejected that new dry food after 2 days, so I'm trying a different one. This one is Grain Free, but it has soy flour in it! That seems to defeat the purpose of being healthier. But they like it.

I don't think I know that ACDC song.
Here's my favorite of theirs. But now that I listen to the lyrics, it's kinda :eek2:
Here's another great one;

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's a good acdc song too.

So, do you think Soy Flour is a really bad ingredient? My cats really seem to like this new dry food. I don't know why they made it grain free, but left the soy in it. It makes no sense.

How do you feed Santi, does he have to eat his canned food before he gets his dry food? That's what I'm doing lately.

Here's a good one. One Headlight by The Wallflowers. You get bonus points if you know who the lead singer's famous dad is!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's a good acdc song too.

So, do you think Soy Flour is a really bad ingredient? My cats really seem to like this new dry food. I don't know why they made it grain free, but left the soy in it. It makes no sense.

How do you feed Santi, does he have to eat his canned food before he gets his dry food? That's what I'm doing lately.

Here's a good one. One Headlight by The Wallflowers. You get bonus points if you know who the lead singer's famous dad is!

Not sure who his dad is. Will check after I get back from catching a few more Z's. I don't think I'm the right person to ask, re. the soy. I'm just trying to do my best to keep him eating! Dang Kid! ... :lol:

But yeah same here, he gets his wet, then after a while, I'll put down his dry!

OK, heading back to "Z" land! ... LOL

Pops