Redness and hairloss around one eye

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Since this morning, my cat’s one eye is very watery and closed a bit and she is scratching it. I was in meetings all day couldn’t pay my full attention to her and I realized a bald spot above her eye which wasn’t there this morning. First thing came to my mind was ring worm.

I took her to emergency vet, they did extesive tests and they said its not ringworm, possible conjunctivitis and prescribed eye drops.
I am convinced but still worried, how can this happen in 5-6 hours? Any one had similar experience? Hairs gone, its red and looks swollen too.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My guess would be that she might have accidentally irritated her eye and it was bothering her, so she was scratching at it - which to me could happen in a short period of time. Conjunctivitis doesn't have to be a long brewing development, it can be the result of some sort of 'insult' to any of the tissues of the eye, including eye lids - and will cause redness, swelling, squinting, and watering.

I would wait to see if it is a recurring issue before pursuing causes more deeply. I hope the eye drops help and she is better very, very soon!