Red??

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I would call him an orange cat.... the same as my guy, except your's has long fur...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Red is the "proper" name, the one used for shows and such. Most Americans say orange.

I don't think he's cream, just a lighter red. Being longhaired makes the color less intense, too. Cream is a very pale color.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
He might be considered to be a red with cream or white tabby as he has the tabby stripes on his face, a stripe across his paws and long streaks of red down his back and tail. He is darker than my boy who is considered to be a cameo classic tabby Maine Coon. He has the faintest stripes on his face and a faint stripe on each of his front paws but no stripes on his body or tail, just an even light red color with a bit more cream on the tip of his tail. No stripes on his belly either. 

His fur is the longest on his middle with slightly shorter on his shoulders and hips, big pantaloons, a bushy tail and a big ruff, lots of ear furnishings although he does not have the tufts on the ends of his ears which are not a requirement for a pure bred but desirable. His fur does not mat easily but he does need a good brushing with a wire brush every few days to keep him from dropping clumps of hair all over the place. Fortunately he does not mind the brushing but seems to luxuriate in it as his purr box will go off during the whole time..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcurls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@segelkatt , beautiful cat. I remember seeing a picture of him before and thinking how nice and evenly toned his coat looks:) also, love the dark red under his paws. thank you for your response[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]