Red jelly like substance in poop

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued Cali 2 and half weeks ago. She previously had a UTI and aborted the children she was carrying due to an infection in that area. She had to have an emergency spay because of that infection. She is 12 months old and was 10 months old when she was pregnant with the infections. Just some background here. I have another cat who is 15 months.

I recently went to clean out their two litter boxes when I found 4 areas where there was this red jelly like substance. I found some in one of the boxes too. Now I know it was my new rescued girl because she was acting weird this morning and Shadow, My other cat,sniffed her butt. Later, he did the same thing but then licked her head like he was taking care of her. He had never done this to her before. She has had previous issues with throwing up clear liquid and sometimes throwing up her food. I recently changed food a week ago and she hasn't thrown up any food since. I am worried about her. I did wipe up a couple spots and put the towel in a bag for the vet. I am just wondering what this could be and how concerned I should be. She seems fine now. Eating and drinking and playing like she normally does. I did check her behind and got growled at so that told me something was up. Any ideas on what is going on with her? Picture enclosed.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely something to get the vet to check out. I hope she's OK. Sounds like she's been through a lot already in her young life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she got back from the vet today. Looks like me wiping 2 of the spots with a clean towel and putting it in a bag for the vet helped. He took one look and saw a worm in it. So she has worms. We believe she had it when she went into the rescue and it is just showing up. I have another cat in the house so both had to take pills. The litter boxes were cleaned with antibacterial dish soap and hot water and has new litter in it. She looks a lot better. She was lethargic and her belly was bloated but she is fine now. Just glad it wasn't something worse.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great you got an answer! Hopefully those pills will kick in quickly and get rid of the worms.