Red bump on cat's paw

molang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was fighting with his sister and suddenly got 7-8 red bumps all over his body. Most of them bursted over the last week, dried up and significantly reduced in size. But, he has one lesion on his paw that appeared in the same time as others (8 days ago) and grew larger because he was constantly leaking it. Does this look like abscess? I think it is infected. I hope it's not some sort of tumor or something :(. Thank you

Attachments

es1234567

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is interesting, I would definitely get him checked out by the vet, or at least call and see if they can offer any tips. If you have used it before, you can put a very small amount of Neosporin on it. But be careful, not all cats react well to it and if too much is used, it could be ingested during grooming resulting in anaphylaxis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have already sent the photo to his vet, he said it's an injury, but as I live in an undeveloped country vets here don't have much diagnostic means as in the West and are not as educated as your vets :(

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only thing I can suggest is to bathe it in clean warm water and put a cat suitable antiseptic cream on it. I don't know what is available in your area, maybe your vet can provide something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only thing I can suggest is to bathe it in clean warm water and put a cat suitable antiseptic cream on it. I don't know what is available in your area, maybe your vet can provide something.
Thank you