Red Boils On My Cat's Forehead? Does Anyone Have Experience With This?

jordanlynde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To start off, my cat has a vet appointment on Wednesday, so he is going. However, Wednesday is two days away. I've googled around, but does anyone have any experience with their cats getting boils on their forehead? Only one side is bad, but there's a lump on his other side, both right above his eyebrows. I'd say it's been about two weeks now. Suddenly it got worse and I've been waiting to get him in at the vet.

A lot of googling around seems to suggest ringworm and both my boyfriend and I have circular patches of dry skin on our body, so I'm leaning toward that. But does anyone else have any ideas? Here are some photos. The one on the right side wasn't too bad until he started scratching it and I can't keep an eye on him all the time to get him to stop irritating it. I'll probably have to get a cone...

Attachments

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would get him to the vet ASAP. This doesn't look comfortable and you don't want it to spread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jordanlynde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would get him to the vet ASAP. This doesn't look comfortable and you don't want it to spread.
Yes unfortunately his vet does house calls on Tuesday so I could only get him in tomorrow :/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jordanlynde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let us know what he says :vibes::redheartpump:
jordanlynde jordanlynde what did the vet say?

She said that the wounds are from either getting scratched by our other cat are bumping into something (????), and that he's throwing up from being stressed. Because right after I posted this, he started throwing up. I told her that he'd been throwing up everything for three days and she said she wasn't worried because his vitals were fine :/ she gave him ointment for the wounds and said to call her in three days.

I brought him home and he wanted to eat so I gave him some food and he threw it up about an hour later. I think I might go to another vet.