Red Area On Cat's Bum..warning Close Photo

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cat's has a red area on his bum. Doesnt seem to bother him, no licking, scooting and no bleeding. He was wormed two weeks ago. It appeared yesterday. Anyone got any ideas please.

20180205_121106.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh. And it doesn't seem to bother him at all? I'd just watch it carefully for a few days to make certain it improves or doesn't get worse. It looks a little (just a little) like a prolapse, but if it is, it JUST started, or maybe an anal gland issue? I'm just not sure on this one.

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did he go to the bathroom soon after this? Sometimes my boys' bums look like that a little before they go poo.

Does it still look that way still? If so, maybe contact a vet tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks both for your replies. From what I read about anal glands and my friends experience with her dog, there is a bad smell. Buzz has no smell so I ruled that out. He had something similar about 6 weeks ago and that disappeared in a couple of days. The day before he jumped upon the work top and eat some tuna, more than I normally give him as a treat, perhaps it was that. Today it looks a little better so I will keep watch as you said. I maybe worried a little because I cancelled his insurance policy the day before. Grateful for your responses. Its eased mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh they are such clever little tykes. It's quite spooky. His bum is better today. I put some Sudacrem on it (eventually) after getting in on my knee, his tail, the floor. If he gets its again, its straight to the vets.