"Recovery Suit" Advice Needed!

mrotman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty just got neutered yesterday, and a friend loaned me a recovery suit, so he wouldn't lick the incision-looks like a little cat romper! The straps are a bit loose around his legs, so I'm noticing that he does seem to be able to lick in that area. I don't think he's doing it a lot but still worrisome b/c of infection. I did order a different one which will arrive on Sunday, but any suggestions until then? Thanks!

*Btw, he is only 14 weeks, so still quite small.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My kitty just got neutered yesterday, and a friend loaned me a recovery suit, so he wouldn't lick the incision-looks like a little cat romper! The straps are a bit loose around his legs, so I'm noticing that he does seem to be able to lick in that area. I don't think he's doing it a lot but still worrisome b/c of infection. I did order a different one which will arrive on Sunday, but any suggestions until then? Thanks!

*Btw, he is only 14 weeks, so still quite small.
Keep an eye on the incision and check for any redness or swelling at the incision site once or twice per day. It might help to snap a picture now so you have something to compare it to in the next few days as he heals up. Unless something looks bad, you should be OK until Sunday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrotman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's doing great-thank you!