Recommended cat food?

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I need some cat food recommendations! so to start off I want to give a little background information on my girl. I took her in about 6ish months ago and the owners before me were feeding her a cheaper brand of cat food, kit & kaboodle I think is what it’s called. She’s been eating that here as well as wet food but I don’t like kit & kaboodle. I’ve tried numerous times to switch her food with slow introductions to it and she refuses to eat anything that I’ve tried other than kit & kaboodle. She’s very very picky and really sensitive as well. She barely even eats her wet cat food, she eats a few bites of the wet food and then doesn’t touch it again. Has anyone tried the brand “Crave”? Like the kibble/dry version? Do you recommend it and how does your kitties take to it? If you don’t recommend crave, what other brand(s) do you recommend I give a try?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

Crave has a couple ingredients I personally usually try to avoid, carrageenan and menadione.

You could take a look at Merrick Backcountry, Natural Balance, Redbarn, Miko (chewy . com), Tiny Tiger :)

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try crushing up the Kit and Kaboodle finely and use it as topper to entice your cat to try new foods.

Any dry food with better quality ingredients would be ok for a dry food addict. What is your budget like? Some brands have high quality ingredients and few to no junk fillers but they can be pricey and not sold in chain pet stores.

What canned foods have you tried? Fancy Feast is well liked by many cats. Friskies is another one. Have you tried different textures and varieties? Cats can be super picky.

Have you seen these tips?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What foods have you tried? Royal Canin doesn't work well for my cat as she some grain intolerances but if yours is fine, their Sensible 33 seems to be liked by many. And my own cat got crazy about it when I tried with her - there was no problem with her eating, she just didn't digest it well so I had to cut. But she got so crazy I feel like overeating could be a problem.

I try to feed mine with mostly wet food -- her currents are Miamor pâté Chicken and Purina Gourmet Gold turkey. She still gets some Acana Wild Prairie grain-free dry food as well. It has high animal products amount and well-accepted by most cats I know. And mine at least doesn't overeat it.