Recommendations of Lick mats? And if you noticed difference in anxiety

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of trying a lick mat for Isabelle as she eats her food fast and because it may help with anxiety.

Which ones have you tried? There are some with different textures and shapes. Which would you recommend and why? And how did it impact your kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing maggie101 maggie101 . That's a neat styled one! I have a couple different varieties that can be used for hard food or treats and she enjoys it, but she is very fast and only gets 10 pieces of dry food a day as she gains weight easily.

Still would love feedback on any that can be used with wet food, if anyone has any experience with those. :)

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089DN79NC/?tag=thecatsite

I used this one when I was introducing Ziggy to the others to slow down their eating so they would be together longer. The portion at the nose of the fish the knobs were too close together and a lot of food was left behind so I used the other parts of it. It did slow down their eating some. But I didn’t use it for anxiety. Easy to clean.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't use lick mats, but have 3 cats that take cbd for anxiety. Well, 2 for anxiety only. Other takes it & replaced her daily Prednisolone for vomiting, aches and pains of arthritis, and inflammation in gut. Just turned out she was having anxiety as well that it fixed.😁
I have used both Lazarus - salmon oil flavored & Cbdmd - catnip flavored. Works miracles for me. Once I got the right dosage got each, like different cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The portion at the nose of the fish the knobs were too close together and a lot of food was left behind so I used the other parts of it. It did slow down their eating some.
Good to know, thanks! I'll check that out. :)