Recommendations For Foods With Gravy

blob99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 7-month old kitteen loves, loves food with lots of gravy. I know many don't consider it as healthy as pates, but I'd like some good gravy options to at least be part of the rotation.

Her favorites seem to be options with the gravy and smaller pieces/shreds-- think fancy feast's 'grilled' variety. But I'd like to find something healthier, preferably grain free to feed her.

I've tried her on Natural Balance's Platefuls, but the morsels of food are quite large, take some effort for her to eat, and she doesn't always finish.

So, I was hoping I might be able to get some suggestions on wet food brands/types to try that might be similar in texture to the 'grilled' food she loves.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine love Witty Kitty. I believe Ruffle My Feathers has the smaller pieces. The other one is Wingin’ It which is also shreds. If you are near a Tracor Supply their 4Health grain free chicken in gravy is good too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weruva, Soulistic, and Tiki Cat are popular for textured food in gravy and sauces. Weruva and Soulistic are made by the same company and the varities are the same, just named differently. Soulistic costs a bit less than Weruva and can be found at Petco stores.

You can look at this for other textured foods: Canned Cat food Spreadsheets

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blob99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, this is helpful--gives me some things to try!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only wet food Cricket will eat are the Weruva pouches and Soulistic pouches (containing Mackerel). Sometimes I've seen Soulistic on sale, but I think the prices are similar. The Chick Magnet Weruva is one that Cricket eats, but the pieces are pretty big, but some of the others are smaller.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some of the best are Nutro Natural Choice's minced and sliced foods, which don't have the carby tapioca or potato thickeners some of the other foods mentioned in this thread. Nutro foods seem to appeal to picky eaters, too. Our cats love their minced chicken and sliced turkey.

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is the same, he absolutely refuses to eat pate. He really likes weruva's and nutro's gravy options

yeva2292

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wellness has a line of pate and gravy food called "Complete Health". The pieces for the gravy come in varying sizes, so they have stuff like "Bits in light gravy", "Bits in ample gravy", and "Cuts and cubes in rich gravy" (the last are 2 separate cans).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blob99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update to say that so far we've tried tiki cat, soulstic, witty kitty, and have nutro up next.

Soulstic seems to be the favorite so far, though she always seems to be hungry after. So, it may not be the most affordable option if I have to feed more cans.

She's also been liking the crave pates, which come with a decent amount of "juice", but I can't feed it to her for too many meals in a row. But good to have in the rotation.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Soulistic is pretty low in calories so you may need to feed more cans. It's fine to keep in your cat's food rotation.