Recommendations Carriers Needed

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I need some recommendations for hard body single entry (not top loading) carriers for transporting cats that are between 30- 50 dollars only. I've been looking at amazon and see reviews for a lot of the old stand by brands saying the holes are too sharp and cats are injured by nose-rubbing or they come apart during transport on the newer models. I have some Kennel Cabs that are way old picked up from garage sales etc and they do me well but I need some more within the next week or two. I'm trying not to break the bank but I want something that is sturdy and won't malfunction or cause injury.

I see a lot of round shaped and oval shaped carriers. I'm looking for the kind that can be stacked up in a van for transport for TnR- not something to make me look fashionable.

Must hold cats up to 15 lbs. Some are smaller but there are few big boned beautiful beasties as well.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Hmmm, sometimes Nextdoor . com will have someone selling or giving away carriers but that would at best be a couple.
Otherwise, maybe eBay, or if it isn't too late, Black Friday sales?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I need a minimum of three. So it's not that many really. I just signed up with nextdoor but honestly I'm a bit afraid to out myself as a crazy cat person. People here acknowledge there are too many roaming cats. There are some feeders in my "neighborhood" that really aren't close to me at all but there are also some people are not nice about it. We are in a small (very small) city but it's definitely urban and there are people who hate the ferals that are vocal about it and just want them killed- not humanely either. So I really don't know:(

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully there's someone who's getting rid of a carrier thru nextdoor that you can contact privately, or something like that, or maybe there'll be some decent pre black Friday sales :crossfingers:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't offer a recommendation. I saw one from the vets office that had a very nice feature. The door would open from the top or either side. It was also easy to take the door completely off. That allows the vet to put the carrier inside the kennel, so the cat can sleep in it. Then when they are ready to take the cat out, it is easy to just put the door back on with the cat inside. I don't remember the brand name of it. I sometimes trap cats using a carrier and having the removable door you can pop on would be useful for that.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought this one last year for transporting my 3 ferals to our new home.
I like it because it is larger than most cat carriers and taller too so the cats doesn't feel so cramped. It's the 26"

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought this one last year for transporting my 3 ferals to our new home.
I like it because it is larger than most cat carriers and taller too so the cats doesn't feel so cramped. It's the 26"
Could be just me, but I don't see a pitcher.

Pops

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These are fantastic! I don't see these options when I search on amazon but the links work. Thank you both! I have soft carriers here but they need to be flea treated:( . So they can't be used for this purpose.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise