Recommendation for cat toys feather/ mouse stick

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So in just 3 weeks Rivel has mauled her feather stick beyond recognition and has started getting bored of it due to it not look like prey anymore
IMG_20200816_221411.jpg

There used to be a huge plume, a bell, and several more strands of feather. I pluck loose feathers too so Rivel can't accidentally swallow them during the act "killing "

She is very picky regarding toys and automatic toys are all bust so far. I have catit sense 2.0 circuit, a battery operated fish that flops around, crinckle ball. the only thing she would play is the stick due to my part acting as a prey. I really have to get into it during play. As a prey, i hide behid objects, sometimes under cover of sheets, under pillows, run away, pretend to sniff stuff an try to emulate small animal's movement. If you do it right she will pounce and chase it like lions in documentary shows and she's getting better by the days. When she first came home i have to let her win to catch the feathers, but now she's getting a lot faster and accurate.

The feather stick however, is in the end of its life. I either have to buy a new one, or maybe fix it by buying chicken feather and glue it. Ehat glue are safe to use?

Also what kind of stick do you guys use? I prefer cordless one because i have better control of it. Rivel won't be convinced if i just flop the bait around like bungee jumping mouse or bird.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats absolutely love the Da Bird feather wand toy!
Infact its the only toy my 4 year old boy is interested in.
It flys like a a real bird and you can buy refills for it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So in just 3 weeks Rivel has mauled her feather stick beyond recognition and has started getting bored of it due to it not look like prey anymore
View attachment 347330

There used to be a huge plume, a bell, and several more strands of feather. I pluck loose feathers too so Rivel can't accidentally swallow them during the act "killing "

She is very picky regarding toys and automatic toys are all bust so far. I have catit sense 2.0 circuit, a battery operated fish that flops around, crinckle ball. the only thing she would play is the stick due to my part acting as a prey. I really have to get into it during play. As a prey, i hide behid objects, sometimes under cover of sheets, under pillows, run away, pretend to sniff stuff an try to emulate small animal's movement. If you do it right she will pounce and chase it like lions in documentary shows and she's getting better by the days. When she first came home i have to let her win to catch the feathers, but now she's getting a lot faster and accurate.

The feather stick however, is in the end of its life. I either have to buy a new one, or maybe fix it by buying chicken feather and glue it. Ehat glue are safe to use?

Also what kind of stick do you guys use? I prefer cordless one because i have better control of it. Rivel won't be convinced if i just flop the bait around like bungee jumping mouse or bird.
The go cat catcher is a cord so you might not like it. The leather toy is leather

livismom1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats absolutely love the Da Bird feather wand toy!
Infact its the only toy my 4 year old boy is interested in.
It flys like a a real bird and you can buy refills for it.

Where can you buy the Da Bird? I have looked on Chewy, Petco, and Petsmart.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where can you buy the Da Bird? I have looked on Chewy, Petco, and Petsmart.
Really? It's on Petco.com and Petsmart.com:

And here:

https://www.amazon.com/Go-Cat-Piece-Apart-Handmade/dp/B000F9JJJE

Neko Flies is similar. There are various replacement attachment toys. Be careful of the ones that have rubber string legs. Cats go nuts for them but the rubber is easily chewed off. Looks like the company only has a FB site now:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 maggie101 maggie101

My da bird wand arrived, and she loves it too much i had trouble taking it away from her haha.
I guess feather toys are her preferences.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i avoid ones that have wire or fishing line to connect the lure to the stick i feel like it would damage graycies teeth and or gums.finally found a good one on amazon that uses a thick braided stringbut i am thinking of making some lures for her myself cant be much harder than making jigs or tying flies for fishing :lol:

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you describe or post a link to the thick, braided string toy? I'd really appreciate it - thanks!