Recipes - Ninja Foodi Grill

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
COUNTRY STYLE RIBS

I season with my choice of seasonings (about two hours prior to grilling and let it set in the fridge, uncovered).
Get the ribs out of the fridge about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
Set the GRILL to High and do each side two minutes. Total four minutes.
Set to BAKE at 400 degrees. Ten minutes each side. Total 20 minutes.
Your choice of sauce for two minutes. Flip. More sauce for two minutes.
Rest for about five minutes. Internal temp to about 145 degrees F.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MEATLOAF

I use 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef, mixed with bread cubes, milk, seasonings etc.
Put it in my greased meatloaf pan.
Use the BAKE function at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, then the BAKE function at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Brush with BBQ sauce, then another 5 minutes.
Turn the grill off, but keep the lid down for about 10 minutes to set up a bit. Instant read said 160 degrees F.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mac and cheese with tomatoes. Recipe adapted from Cook's Country for the XL NFG.
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH TOMATOES (from Cook’s Country)

Salt
Pepper
1 pound elbow macaroni
28 ounce can diced tomatoes with their juices
6 tablespoons butter
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cups half-and-half (Sometimes I use nonfat or lowfat evaporated milk)
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and macaroni and cook until just al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour diced tomatoes with their juices over pasta and stir to coat. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Set aside.

Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Stir in flour and cayenne and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in half-and-half (or evaporated milk) and broth until smooth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Off heat, whisk in cheeses, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper until cheeses melt. Pour sauce over macaroni and stir well to combine.

Remove the main pan from the NFG and set NFG to BAKE at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Scrape mixture into the main pan of the NFG and, when instructed to ADD FOOD, put the pan in and bake until top begins to brown, 15 to 20 minutes (keep checking, so the top doesn't get too brown!). Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. I let it sit with the NFG lid down.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
PORK LOIN

I use a little over 4-pound pork loin (not a tenderloin). I open the loin, brine it in apple cider and a wee bit of kosher salt for eight hours.
Remove from the brine, dry it off, slather it with Dijon, spread 4 chopped and sauteed garlic cloves and 1/2 chopped and sauteed onion. Sprinkled with sage, rosemary, thyme, and chives.
Roll it up, tie it well, and insert the probe. ROAST at 350 degrees until it hit 138F internally, then let it rest for 10 minutes. Takes right around an hour.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
HOMEMADE FRENCH FRIES

5 Russet potatoes, washed, peeled, and sliced.
Soak in salted cold water for 15 minutes, then drain and dry with a linen dish towel.
A quick spritz of avocado oil and a wee sprinkle of kosher salt. AIR-CRISP at 390F for 15 to 20 minutes or so, with 3 good shakes of the pan during that time.
If you like your fries really crispy, increase the heat to 400F.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
From BBQ USA by Stephen Raichlen, adapted for the NFG XL
LOUISVILLE WINGS

4 pounds chicken wings
2 Tbsp. lemon pepper
2 Tbsp. sweet paprika
2 tablespoons coarse salt (kosher or sea) I used kosher
10 Tbsp. butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup Dijon mustard
2/3 cup Tabasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup bourbon
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Rinse the wings under cold running water, then blot on paper towels to dry. Place in a large nonreactive bowl and toss them with the lemon pepper and about 2 tablespoons salt. Let the wings cure, covered, in the refrigerator for about an hour.

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant and sizzling hot, but not brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard, hot sauce, lemon juice, bourbon, brown sugar, and black pepper. Season with salt to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 3 minutes, then let it come to room temperature. You'll use this for the wing sauce. If you’re not doing the wings right away, put the sauce in the fridge.

Set NFG to AIR-CRISP at 400F. When it says to “Add Food”, add the wings in one layer. Set aside remaining wings to do after you’re finished with the first batch. (I do NOT add any oil)

Place the wings in the hot AIR-CRISP pan. Cover the NFG. Cook the wings until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes or so, flipping after ten minutes. Your wings may need to go longer/shorter, depending on how large they are.

After the wings are cooked, place each wing in the bowl of wing sauce and swish it around a bit. Put the wings back into the AC pan. AC for about 2 minutes, flip, and go another 2 minutes. Again, put each wing into the bowl of wine sauce and swish it around. Return to the AC pan. AC for another 2 minutes, flip and go another two minutes or until done to your liking. (NOTE: The original recipe calls for marinating the wings in half of the wing sauce for 4-5 hours. I don't do that because I was worried about the brown sugar burning during the AC process.)

What I Did: I only did 2 pounds of wings, so I used only 1 tablespoon of the lemon pepper and the paprika and salt for the cure. I used 1/3 cup each of the liquid ingredients instead of the 2/3 cup called for in the recipe. 3 cloves of garlic in 5 tablespoons of butter. But I did use the whole 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and the whole teaspoon of black pepper. I also used 1/4 cup of Tabasco and 1/4 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce instead of using all Tabasco. (Tabasco is very vinegar-y, so we like to add in some Frank’s.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TUNA AND NOODLES

Tuna and Noodles done in the XL FG, on BAKE at 350F for 10 minutes, then temp turned down to 325F for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with extra grated sharp cheese for the last couple of minutes. This recipe does not use cream of mushroom soup.

12 oz. pkg. egg noodles
¼ c. butter or margarine
½ c. soft bread crumbs
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 med. onion, chopped
1 med. green pepper, chopped
4 oz. sliced mushrooms (optional)
¼ c. flour
1½ c. milk
1½ c. extra-sharp Cheddar, grated
3 5 oz. cans tuna, drained
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon butter. Remove the main baking pan of the XL FG and spray pan with nonstick spray. Arrange noodles in pan. Preheat FG to 350F using BAKE (you don’t need to put the pan in the FG to start the FG).

Melt remaining butter in sauce pan. Combine 1 tablespoon melted butter with bread crumbs and set aside.

To remaining butter, add onion, celery, pepper, and mushrooms (if using) and sauté 10 minutes. Stir in flour until combined. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and stir to melt. Stir in drained tuna.

Spoon into baking pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 10 minutes. Check and, if you need to reduce temp to 325F, do so. Bake another 5 minutes. Sprinkle with more grated cheese. Bake another a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Let set in pan for about 10 minutes to set. Serve hot.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LONDON BROIL

1-1/2 inches thick, about 3-1/2 pounds.
Marinate in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, pineapple juice for about 18 hours. GRILL on Max 5 minutes on each side. Turn heat down to 450 degrees and GRILL 5 minutes on each side. Rested about 10 minutes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TEQUILA LIME CHICKEN

1/2 cup gold tequila
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper, seeded)
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on

Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts. Refrigerate overnight.

I use six bone-in thighs instead of the breasts. I prefer to AIR-CRISP, not grill. NFG on air-crisp at 400 degrees. Ten minutes, flip. Another ten minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
BAKED PENNE WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES

2 red peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch wide strips
2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 summer squash, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
4 cremini mushrooms, halved
1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced into 1-inch strips
¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. salt, divided
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 Tbsp. dried Italian herb mix or herbs de Provence
1 lb. penne pasta
3 c. marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
1 c. grated fontina cheese
½ c. grated smoked mozzarella
1½ c. frozen peas, thawed
¼ c. grated Parmesan, plus ⅓ cup for topping
2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces

Preheat the oven to 450°. On a baking sheet, toss the peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions with olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and dried herbs. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 6 minutes. Since you will be cooking the pasta a second time in the oven, you want to make sure the inside is still hard. Drain in a colander.
In a large bowl, toss the drained pasta with the roasted vegetables, marinara sauce, cheeses, peas, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Using a wooden spoon, gently mix, until all the pasta is coated with the sauce and the ingredients are combined.

Pour the pasta into the main NFG pan. Turn NFG to BAKE at 350 and when it says "ADD FOOD" put the main pain into the NFG. Top with the remaining ⅓ cup Parmesan and butter pieces. BAKE at 350 degrees until top is golden and cheese melts, about 20 minutes.'

NOTE: Many people have said that they can't preheat their NFG without adding the main pan to the unit. I have never had that problem. I don't know why. If you have to put your main pan into the unit to preheat it, go ahead. Then add your pasta to the main pan when it's preheated.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
BAKED POTATOES - I am completely addicted to baked potatoes in the NFG

I prefer Russett potatoes. While the NFG is preheating on Air-Crist at 390 to 400 degrees F, scrub the number of potatoes you want. Pierce all over with a fork. Spray with a wee bit of avocado oil and rub the potato. Sprinkle with kosher salt.

When the NFG says to ADD FOOD, place the potatoes into the air crisp pan. Air crisp for about 20 minutes. Raise the lid, flip the potatoes. You may need another quick spritz of avocado oil. Air crisp for another 20 minutes.

Let set for about 5 minutes with lid closed. Check for doneness; depending on the size and number of potatoes, you may (or may not) need more time. When done, open the potatoes and gently squeeze. Butter, sour cream, or whatever you wish.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I found this online and thought it might help somebody. It's a GENERAL time list for air-frying. Keep in mind that this is not a "Set It and Forget It" appliance. You do have to keep an eye on things!

ACTimes.jpg