Recipes for Bland Diet

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can anyone help me locate some recipes that can be modified to include no seasoning or spices, tomatoes, onions, garlic...that sort of thing?  If I could get some that can be made in a crock pot, all the better. Trying to search on line and it's a little overwhelming.  Cookbooks are too, and not all that useful.  Thanks.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put a whole chicken in the crock pot with just filtered water to cover and let it cook about 12 hours on low. The chicken comes out really tender and the broth is a very rich dark yellow. You can use the chicken for anything you like. You can add veggies to it and make a soup- add dumplings, noodles or rice. You can thicken the broth or leave it as is. It's cheap, easy, versatile and good. 

I'd think you could do the same with a bone in beef roast, pork roast or turkey parts if you'd like. You can withhold seasonings until you add them to your own portion (or not). 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I put a whole chicken in the crock pot with just filtered water to cover and let it cook about 12 hours on low. The chicken comes out really tender and the broth is a very rich dark yellow. You can use the chicken for anything you like. You can add veggies to it and make a soup- add dumplings, noodles or rice. You can thicken the broth or leave it as is. It's cheap, easy, versatile and good. 

I'd think you could do the same with a bone in beef roast, pork roast or turkey parts if you'd like. You can withhold seasonings until you add them to your own portion (or not). 
Thanks!  I never thought about doing a whole chicken. Adding veggies or rice or something would be great as well, and make it a complete meal.

I do cook beef roast occasionally just covered with water and it comes out good, with a good broth that I add noodles to.

Every crock pot recipe I see has like a zillion seasonings and onions and what not. I was getting discouraged.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks!  I never thought about doing a whole chicken. Adding veggies or rice or something would be great as well, and make it a complete meal.

I do cook beef roast occasionally just covered with water and it comes out good, with a good broth that I add noodles to.

Every crock pot recipe I see has like a zillion seasonings and onions and what not. I was getting discouraged.
That's the beauty of working with a crock pot. The slow cooking brings out the flavors and you really don't need to add a lot of seasonings unless you want to. The furkids love chicken cooked this way. You could definitely add wine, veggies, low sodium broth, no sodium added stock in a box, etc.