Reccomend a Cat Tree, please

azuresmomy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd like to buy a Cat Tree for my new kitty.
I leave in a small apartment and looking for something compact that reaches the window (so he can look out while laying on the top platform).

Could you please share your experience with Cat Trees?
Also, please provide info on where you got yours.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Deanna

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Deanna!!

I purchased both of my Cat Trees on ebay from a seller named Armarkat. You can see the ones he has to offer by going to: http://stores.ebay.com/Armarkat-Cat-Furniture-Store

There is shipping charges, but it is still cheaper getting them off ebay versus the direct site: http://www.armarkat.com or from a Pet Store. Here is a picture of both of mine. They are probably a little larger than what you want, they are both 72 inches tall (you can not see the bottom of them in the pic), but ebay has all sizes!

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You could always go to petco/petsmart and just browse. I took my male ELliot there once because I wanted to buy him a bigger birthday present (because at the tiem I had the money and I knew if I ever watned to buy one i would have to buy it then) He crawled right into those ones that are like a dog house on the bottom, with a scratch pole comiong out of the back and aplatform on tip. I talso has a yarn dice coming from teh bottom of the platform. It reaches the bottom of my window and my cats lvoe it though it is only like three feet tall. It cost me about a hundred bucks. You can usually get them for about 50 (very short poor quality) and up O_O You can even get elaborate systems installed in your homes that go from room to room if you have enough money
an average one would probably cost you about 150 to 200 dollars for a taller one.

Holy crap! I didnt look at that link until after I posted this, but OMG! The one soonest to end is only 8 dollars? and it would only be like 30 dollars shipping for me! Thats 40 bucks for a well made thing!!!! OMG!! and I payed $100 for mine at petco/petsmart? :O that sucks

XD It makes me kind of want to go burn the one I ahve now and buy one of those O_O Of course its "being able to wear clothes, or "buying the cats a cooler tree thing"

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also purchased my cat tree from the same seller on Ebay. I have it listed in this thread #19. Both of my cats love the cat tree and use it on a daily basis since I got in in November 2004.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another option (the one I ended up going with) is to wait and look at a cat show. We happened to have some folks who build their own, have very sturdy constuction and also do requests (colour, size etc). I think I payed about the same amount as I would online ($75 Canadian for 6' tall) but I think the quaility could be better, and I was able to barder the tax out of them.
I suppose if you had a very handy friend you could get some plans off of the net and pay them for parts and labour too

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luvmysphynx

Hello Deanna!!

I purchased both of my Cat Trees on ebay from a seller named Armarkat. You can see the ones he has to offer by going to: http://stores.ebay.com/Armarkat-Cat-Furniture-Store

There is shipping charges, but it is still cheaper getting them off ebay versus the direct site: http://www.armarkat.com or from a Pet Store. Here is a picture of both of mine. They are probably a little larger than what you want, they are both 72 inches tall (you can not see the bottom of them in the pic), but ebay has all sizes!
I just won an auction from Armarkat and CANT WAIT to get my tree!!

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ScamperFarms,

I love both of mine that I purchased from ebay! They are easy to put together too! Make sure to post some pictures when you get it!!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luvmysphynx

ScamperFarms,

I love both of mine that I purchased from ebay! They are easy to put together too! Make sure to post some pictures when you get it!!
OOOO Dont worry I WILL. Its gonna be So hard to wait for it to get here!!!!!

catlover7731

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have seen these cat trees before and was wondering how stable they are? I have purchased from Dr foster and Smith and I liked it but in 2 yrs the carpet has been shredded. I really am looking at the big ones for my 2 cats . Any more info would be appreciated.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made my own cat tree from plans I found online. There is a thread in this forum that talked more about it. It saved me a ton of money and I come freedom to customize as i thought my cats would like it.

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I made my own cat tree from plans I found online. There is a thread in this forum that talked more about it. It saved me a ton of money and I come freedom to customize as i thought my cats would like it.
Are you taking any orders?

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are all so very bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't want to spend any money on stinking cat trees but all your pictures make me want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

Are you taking any orders?
you are the third person who has asked me that....if we go on strike here at work i might start my own business!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

What tools are needed to make one??

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tools: drill (and bits), saw (unless you get wood cut at home depot like we did), silcone adhesive, screws, measuring tape. The tool list is included with the directions. I'm sure I've missed something....

weloveellie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting this tread! I have been looking on ebay and not sure how good they were. I will be buying on very soon. The one I want ends today. All of the pictures look great! Once again thanks.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Well HERE IT IS...arrived today and it was a SNAP to put together....TAAADAAAA
Looks GREAT! And the kitties sure love it!

What was the end bid and how many bids were there?
Was it free shipping?
I live in Canada and know they would charge but I heard with Amarkat, it was free US shipping?

Cheers

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is if you order through there actuall website...yes the BABIES LOVE IT....the big cats are thinking about it, LOL..

The ending bid was 17.77, there was like 9 bids, but there were 8 ones of this style avalibe. It was a dutch auction. I will defiently be buying another one, when we get our house and more room. I think all said and done with shipping i spent 49 dollars. and you cant beat that!