Cat Food Recall Recalled Cat Food Updates

Ragdolls90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just because people don't read ingredients they were able to get away with such a scary ingredient.

Ragdolls90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought they were fine, since I couldn't find any bad reviews. I suspected they were good. But didn't know for sure. I never bought their food because I feel unsure about them. Brands using big advertising just make me feel suspicious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arrow Reliance Inc. (d.b.a. Darwin’s Natural Pet Products) has filed suit in US federal court in an attempt to prevent the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) from issuing a Public Health Alert about possible Salmonella contamination in a cat food product.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FDA Cautions Pet Owners Not to Feed Certain Lots of Darwin’s Natural Pet Products Due to Salmonella

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realize this is human food, but some like to give kitties a bit as a treat and I feel they have a right to be warned of the danger.

France - raw cream recall due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. ( click Listeria above)
Food Safety Recall (France): FERME DE LA FOSSE A L EAU recalls ferme de la fosse à l’eau brand CREME CRUE / Raw cream (25cl & 50cl; Lot 92; Use by 04/12/2022) due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realize this is human food, but some like to give kitties a bit as a treat and I feel they have a right to be warned of the danger.

France - raw cream recall due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. ( click Listeria above)
Food Safety Recall (France): FERME DE LA FOSSE A L EAU recalls ferme de la fosse à l’eau brand CREME CRUE / Raw cream (25cl & 50cl; Lot 92; Use by 04/12/2022) due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
Much gratitude to you for this, as always, K Kflowers . I've never been on board with the "raw dairy" school of thought and never will. Too much chance for contamination in a factory-farming environment.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know you can get raw milk etc., but here in the UK I've never seen it in the shops. Milk and cream is pasteurised here unless you live on a farm and can get raw milk. A far bigger problem than Listeria is Brucellosis. That can be fatal. A colleague of mine when I was 17, her husband worked round the farms and he caught Brucellosis. He survived it but had health problems recurring from it throughout his life.

In my family, my son is a kidney transplantee so we have to be very careful of what we eat and drink, hence I make nearly everything myself and grow some of our food. Food poisoning of any kind could cause him to lose his precious kidney so we wouldn't take the chance. The cats will get a little cream at Christmas, along with a little turkey but not so much as to cause upset tummies.

Good heads up though. Thank you.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now this is all I've got on this Recall

Wegmans Organic Farm & Orchard Cat Grass (1 EA; Sold since 10/25/22; UPC 77890-50938) due to possible Salmonella contamination. Recalls and Alerts: December 22-23, 2022 – eFoodAlert

ROCHESTER, NY - Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is issuing a voluntarily recall on its products containing micro greens, sweet pea leaves, and cat grass because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. more at site below

Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall of Products Containing Micro Greens, Sweet Pea Leaves, and Cat Grass Because of Possible Health Risk | FDA

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin Veterinary Feline Renal Support F, Net Weight 6.6 lb (3 kg), Product is mislabeled and some bags may contain a different product. US nation wide.
Today is the first I've received anything about this, but the recall date was 1/23/23. Why was FDA so slow to announce this? Why was there no public announcement?

Pet Food Safety Recall: Royal Canin USA Inc recalls Royal Canin Veterinary Feline Renal Support F (6.6 lb (3 kg); Lot 242B4RCR04 with time stamps 00:00 – 07:06; Best by 04/17/2024) because some bags may contain a different product. This recall was initiated on 1/23/2023, and has been classified as Class II. No public recall notice was issued.

Enforcement Report (fda.gov)

Purina has a recall on dog food Vit D problems see Other pets forum. Coincidences are strange.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin Veterinary Feline Renal Support F, Net Weight 6.6 lb (3 kg), Product is mislabeled and some bags may contain a different product. US nation wide.
Today is the first I've received anything about this, but the recall date was 1/23/23. Why was FDA so slow to announce this? Why was there no public announcement?

Pet Food Safety Recall: Royal Canin USA Inc recalls Royal Canin Veterinary Feline Renal Support F (6.6 lb (3 kg); Lot 242B4RCR04 with time stamps 00:00 – 07:06; Best by 04/17/2024) because some bags may contain a different product. This recall was initiated on 1/23/2023, and has been classified as Class II. No public recall notice was issued.

Enforcement Report (fda.gov)

Purina has a recall on dog food Vit D problems see Other pets forum. Coincidences are strange.
THANKING YOU as ever, K Kflowers for this very important info! As to the FDA, well...I think we all know about the FDA in these times.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FDA warns Darwin’s in follow-up to sick cat complaint -
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a stern warning to Arrow Reliance Inc. (doing business as Darwin’s Natural Pet Products), following what the agency referred to as an “inadequate” response to violations of the Food Drug and Cosmetics Act (FD&C Act) documented during an August-September 2022 inspection.

FDA warns Darwin’s in follow-up to sick cat complaint – eFoodAlert
Thanking you as always, and sharing to social media with ALERT.
*Wishing the PTBs would deal with the Temptations/Dreamies situation likewise.*

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point we've given up on treats. They aren't needed to survive and everything is so risky now. Sigh, treats were fun for everyone, but reality isn't.