Cat Food Recall Recalled Cat Food Updates

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - AL - recall of pet food in Family Dollar stores - rodent and dead bird contamination.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update list of cat and dog food recalled Family Dollar - recall located now in Alabama, Arkansas. Louisiana. Mississippi Missouri Tennessee

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iceland - if you're cooking for your cats -

Food Safety Recall (Iceland): Reykjagarði ehf. recalls Holta, Kjörfugl and Króna brands of chicken – Complete bird and breast (Traceability number 001-22-01-6-16; Pack dates 15.02.22 and 16.02.22) due to Salmonella contamination.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dollar Tree recall expanded, now recalling pet food, and other items, in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dollar Tree recall expanded, now recalling pet food, and other items, in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.

[/URL]
Thanking you always, K Kflowers . In an unrelated occurrence, I threw away 4 bags of pasta and 1 bag of pearl barley a couple of days ago because they were all infested with beetles. They were all unopened, so they were already in the bags when I bought them. Since the pandemic, the store I shop at has a no-refund policy so I'm just out the money and the food, which in my case is not a small matter.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry to hear that. The only thing I can think of regarding the pasta and barley is to try to buy from different lot numbers for each box, but that is dependent on how often you can get to the store.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty upset with seeing the post from the Dollar Store.. I would say that almost 100% of the residents in my building shop there. Yes, we are in Massachusetts, but.... you never know.

I really dislike going in the stores because they all seem to be pretty scuzzy.. at least, to me... I am careful of what I buy in there. Never food.. mostly just seasonal decorations for my door, and greeting cards... occasionally, some microfiber cloths, which I wash before using.

Terrible...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty upset with seeing the post from the Dollar Store.. I would say that almost 100% of the residents in my building shop there. Yes, we are in Massachusetts, but.... you never know.

I really dislike going in the stores because they all seem to be pretty scuzzy.. at least, to me... I am careful of what I buy in there. Never food.. mostly just seasonal decorations for my door, and greeting cards... occasionally, some microfiber cloths, which I wash before using.

Terrible...
I've never been. My roomie buys some things at dollar stores but not sure which ones. Yeah, these stores that do not maintain good hygiene should be heavily fined and on repeat offenses, shut down, like restaurants. Because so many of us have to be careful with our finances should never give corporations carte blanche to treat us so shabbily and dangerously.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
only when the fines are greater than the cost of hiring enough employees to be able to keep the stores clean will we see a difference. Right now one or two people are expected to run the register, stock the shelves, unload and open the delivered boxes, and clean. Remember if you shop there, it isn't the employees fault. It is the company's.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
only when the fines are greater than the cost of hiring enough employees to be able to keep the stores clean will we see a difference. Right now one or two people are expected to run the register, stock the shelves, unload and open the delivered boxes, and clean. Remember if you shop there, it isn't the employees fault. It is the company's.
One of my dearest friends was in that industry. He often complained about how badly he was treated by bosses and customers. He worked for that company we all see very heavily advertised as being, ahem, "whole."

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Endangered sharks found in cat and dog food, DNA study shows

This isn't a recall, this a what's in your pet food - article from the Guardian March 4, 2022. Particular brands are not named. However, there is a list of the sharks involved and they are world wide. Most of the brands are from Singapore 16, but the remaining 29 are not. I can only suggest consider carefully any generic 'fish' in the food. I'm posting this because I would want to know so that I could keep watch on this. I will let you know everything I can find out as I find it.

"Using DNA barcoding, the scientists tested 45 pet food products from 16 brands in Singapore. Most products used generic terms such as “fish”, “ocean fish”, “white bait” or “white fish” in the ingredients list to describe their contents, with some specifically listing tuna or salmon. Others did not indicate fish at all.
"Of the 144 samples sequenced, 45 – roughly a third – contained shark DNA. The most frequently identified species were blue shark, silky shark and whitetip reef shark. The silky shark and the whitetip reef shark are listed as “vulnerable” in the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List.
Products containing DNA of the sicklefin weasel shark, the Caribbean sharpnose shark and the sand tiger shark – all vulnerable species – were also identified."

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Endangered sharks found in cat and dog food, DNA study shows

This isn't a recall, this a what's in your pet food - article from the Guardian March 4, 2022. Particular brands are not named. However, there is a list of the sharks involved and they are world wide. Most of the brands are from Singapore 16, but the remaining 29 are not. I can only suggest consider carefully any generic 'fish' in the food. I'm posting this because I would want to know so that I could keep watch on this. I will let you know everything I can find out as I find it.

"Using DNA barcoding, the scientists tested 45 pet food products from 16 brands in Singapore. Most products used generic terms such as “fish”, “ocean fish”, “white bait” or “white fish” in the ingredients list to describe their contents, with some specifically listing tuna or salmon. Others did not indicate fish at all.
"Of the 144 samples sequenced, 45 – roughly a third – contained shark DNA. The most frequently identified species were blue shark, silky shark and whitetip reef shark. The silky shark and the whitetip reef shark are listed as “vulnerable” in the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List.
Products containing DNA of the sicklefin weasel shark, the Caribbean sharpnose shark and the sand tiger shark – all vulnerable species – were also identified."

[/URL]
Far, far too many people, spay/neuter/adopt for life not taken to heart by all, and dwindling supplies of what is needed to keep all of us alive. Not a pretty picture at all. Thanking you as always.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Along the same lines "Eating wild-caught fish instead of using it as feed in salmon farming would allow nearly four million tonnes of fish to be left in the sea, while providing an extra six million tonnes of seafood for human consumption, a study finds."

Nutritious fish stocks are being squandered by salmon farming - ScienceBlog.com
Yeah, well, K Kflowers , we can't expect (most) human beings to do the logical, common sense, responsible, or compassionate (most of these would involve all of the above) thing, now can we? It's 2022 and here we are staring into the abyss.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EUROPE -UK - pet food recall - I've never had this happen before, but I've read this post several times and I still don't know what kind of pets it's for. They do say Pet food in the recall notice. So, I'm posting it assuming you'll know if you use it. Affected products/batches listed.

Sneyd’s Wonderfeeds Ltd recalls pet feed because of the presence of salmonella

If you know more about this, please let us know.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EUROPE -UK - pet food recall - I've never had this happen before, but I've read this post several times and I still don't know what kind of pets it's for. They do say Pet food in the recall notice. So, I'm posting it assuming you'll know if you use it. Affected products/batches listed.

Sneyd’s Wonderfeeds Ltd recalls pet feed because of the presence of salmonella

[/URL]

If you know more about this, please let us know.
Seems to be for dog. Thanking you for sharing.