Cat Food Recall Recalled Cat Food Updates

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cross posted to be sure you don't miss it. This could kill kittens

US - Washington - Yelm, WA- based Toboton Creek Dairy has recalled retail raw whole milk displaying Best By dates of “2/1” through “2/9” because it may be contaminated with Escherichia coli bacteria (E. coli) that can cause serious illness.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cross posted to be sure you don't miss it. This could kill kittens

US - Washington - Yelm, WA- based Toboton Creek Dairy has recalled retail raw whole milk displaying Best By dates of “2/1” through “2/9” because it may be contaminated with Escherichia coli bacteria (E. coli) that can cause serious illness.

[/URL]
Thanking you, as always, K Kflowers . The whole "raw" thing, when you know how animal products of all varieties are produced and what contaminants are always present, leaves me cold. No thanks.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada - play the video, text very limited. My hearing leaves something to be desired, which is why I prefer text, but I think I heard them say cat food, I'm fairly sure they said pet food. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada - play the video, text very limited. My hearing leaves something to be desired, which is why I prefer text, but I think I heard them say cat food, I'm fairly sure they said pet food. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[/URL]
No, you're absolutely right, K Kflowers , and thank you for sharing this very disturbing video. Animals 24-7 covers these mass die-offs and their aftermath. This is a regular occurrence wherever there is factory farming. I know that Hills is one company that uses pork extensively in their cat foods, which is why I will never buy it.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cross post - Europe - since you feed ill cats rice based home made food -

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so glad you found this Maggie101, I haven't seen anything about it, which only proves we all have to keep watch all the time. Any idea why it was recalled?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, the Tiki Stix. I don't have a source. This is what the owner of Krisers told me
Thanks! I just went through all of my online sources, and the Tiki Cat Stix are available in all. Do you think you can contact Krisers and see where they got that information? Maybe it has something to do with their inventory somehow becoming contaminated - or, perhaps their local distributor? It is important to know how widespread this issue may be. Again, thanks!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's probably it. I will ask tomorrow. He said there was something wrong with the food. I didn't think that it could be the shipment... I just called. It was the shipment. Sorry,I gave everyone a scare. Of course I don't know if anyone goes to the same location.
Thanks for the update. Sorry you have this issue - and no offense, glad it is not more widespread. Thanks for following up! Hope the issue clears up for you soon!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better to err on the side of caution than ignore the possiblity. Always remember dozens of animals have to get sick and many die before most companies will make a recall. You really can't be too cautious.

Mango*#*

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this information. We never knew it was an issue for cat food although it’s been a problem in general for a long time. Aflatoxin is a potent carcinogen that can have long term effects in all animals including humans.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So when I have food delivered is it checked first before sent out??
So, you mean like Chewy's orders? Theoretically, yes, they should be looking at the foods before they are shipped to make sure they have not been compromised (valid expiration dates, intact bags, dents/etc. in cans). Usually part of Quality Control. Does it happen all the time? Ideally yes it does. But that does not preclude damage done during shipping.

Ditto with food you have ordered at local stores that are delivered to you, or that you pick up curbside.

None of that has any impact on actual tainted foods which should have been gone through Quality checks during processing and before being packaged.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - If you are feeding kittens human infant formula,

Powdered infant formula made by Abbott Nutrition linked to Cronobacter and Salmonella illnesses.