Cat Food Recall Recalled Cat Food Updates

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More details on the Whiska's recall, and it's information that will be useful if your cat got sick -- that is the cause the recall. This information was released by Costco, not Mars and I found it on Susan Thixton's blog because I do not get notifications from Costco. Nor do I get notifications from Mars Corp.

The cause of the Whiskas recall was mycotoxins. From https://food.r-biopharm.com: “The T-2 and HT-2 toxins are found in food and animal feed because of grains and have an impact on farm animals and pets due to the consumption of contaminated feed. Cats are especially sensitive to these contaminations.

If your cat consumed this food, please alert your veterinarian of the cause (mycotoxin contamination). Discuss with your vet ways to detox your cat of the mycotoxins.

Thank you Costco for being transparent with pet owners regarding this recall. Without your transparency, pet owners would have never known the cause.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More details on the Whiska's recall, and it's information that will be useful if your cat got sick -- that is the cause the recall. This information was released by Costco, not Mars and I found it on Susan Thixton's blog because I do not get notifications from Costco. Nor do I get notifications from Mars Corp.

The cause of the Whiskas recall was mycotoxins. From https://food.r-biopharm.com: “The T-2 and HT-2 toxins are found in food and animal feed because of grains and have an impact on farm animals and pets due to the consumption of contaminated feed. Cats are especially sensitive to these contaminations.

If your cat consumed this food, please alert your veterinarian of the cause (mycotoxin contamination). Discuss with your vet ways to detox your cat of the mycotoxins.

Thank you Costco for being transparent with pet owners regarding this recall. Without your transparency, pet owners would have never known the cause.

[/URL]
As ever, we are all in your debt, K Kflowers for this very important information.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone uses raw chicken patties in their raw food prep, but there is a recall of these in the US. So I'm cross posting in case you don't go to the foodie site.

Food Safety Recall: Innovative Solutions, Inc. recalls approximately 97,887 pounds of raw ground chicken patty products due to possible extraneous matter (pieces of bone) contamination. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone uses raw chicken patties in their raw food prep, but there is a recall of these in the US. So I'm cross posting in case you don't go to the foodie site.

Food Safety Recall: Innovative Solutions, Inc. recalls approximately 97,887 pounds of raw ground chicken patty products due to possible extraneous matter (pieces of bone) contamination. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products.

[/URL]
Very grateful for every one of these posts, K Kflowers !

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An Oklahoma dairy is recalling unpasteurized, raw milk because the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry found Listeria monocytogenes in it. second recall for them this year.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The FDA has published a new recall = covers two lots of BioLifePet Liquid Probiotics and LiviaOne Liquid Probiotics. Both product lots are potentially contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a bacteria that can infect humans and cause serious illness in some people.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
USA -
Woody’s Pet Food Deli of Minneapolis, MN, is recalling Raw Cornish Hen pet food sold with a “With Supplements” sticker because of a Salmonella health risk to people and pets.

The product was distributed in the company’s retail stores in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and Woodbury, MN.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got this one, so if you've got one of the calendars be ware of the possible problem.

In Association with Pet Brands Products, LLC, ALDI Voluntarily Recalls Pet Advent Calendars Due to Potential Choking Hazard
U.S. Food and Drug Administration sent this bulletin at 01/05/2022 03:08 PM EST

[/URL]
As ever, many thanks, K Kflowers . Shared that on twitter as I know a couple of cats who got calendars. Not sure what the source was.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think about it all Advent calendars that have toys or candies in them and not just pictures behind the doors are choking hazards for very young humans, cats, dogs, and other pets. Probably should have had a note warning to keep out of their reach. Oh, and usually the candy is chocolate.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think about it all Advent calendars that have toys or candies in them and not just pictures behind the doors are choking hazards for very young humans, cats, dogs, and other pets. Probably should have had a note warning to keep out of their reach. Oh, and usually the candy is chocolate.
The one I saw had little crunchy cat treats. And they were crunched before being swallowed.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's perfect. The trick would be where to keep it so the kits wouldn't be hurrying through the days, like some children I've heard of, but, of course, have never met. ;)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm cross posting this because we all know the pet food companies are more casual than those who produce human food in the US. That this is a problem with human food means you've got to be on alert against it in the pet food. How will you know? You won't, all you can do is keep a closer eye on your pets and insist on vets seeing them in case of symptoms. Remember what happened in 2007 *

"Whether commingled in those shipping containers stacked up at U.S. ports or moved across a southern border run by cartels, there are more opportunities for meat smuggling into the United States than ever before. U.S. Customs and Border Protection keeps turning up evidence about how it’s working. At the Los Angeles/Long Beach Seaport April 6 through June 6, 2021, CBP intercepted 19,555 pounds of prohibited pork, chicken, beef, and duck arriving from China."

*2007 pet food recalls - Wikipedia

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm cross posting this because we all know the pet food companies are more casual than those who produce human food in the US. That this is a problem with human food means you've got to be on alert against it in the pet food. How will you know? You won't, all you can do is keep a closer eye on your pets and insist on vets seeing them in case of symptoms. Remember what happened in 2007 *

"Whether commingled in those shipping containers stacked up at U.S. ports or moved across a southern border run by cartels, there are more opportunities for meat smuggling into the United States than ever before. U.S. Customs and Border Protection keeps turning up evidence about how it’s working. At the Los Angeles/Long Beach Seaport April 6 through June 6, 2021, CBP intercepted 19,555 pounds of prohibited pork, chicken, beef, and duck arriving from China."

[/URL]

*2007 pet food recalls - Wikipedia
Many thanks, K Kflowers , as always. We get tired of these exposes and don't want to see them. But we have to, for our loved ones' and our own health and wellbeing.