Cat Food Recall Recalled Cat Food Updates

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More details on the Whiska's recall, and it's information that will be useful if your cat got sick -- that is the cause the recall. This information was released by Costco, not Mars and I found it on Susan Thixton's blog because I do not get notifications from Costco. Nor do I get notifications from Mars Corp.

The cause of the Whiskas recall was mycotoxins. From https://food.r-biopharm.com: “The T-2 and HT-2 toxins are found in food and animal feed because of grains and have an impact on farm animals and pets due to the consumption of contaminated feed. Cats are especially sensitive to these contaminations.

If your cat consumed this food, please alert your veterinarian of the cause (mycotoxin contamination). Discuss with your vet ways to detox your cat of the mycotoxins.

Thank you Costco for being transparent with pet owners regarding this recall. Without your transparency, pet owners would have never known the cause.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More details on the Whiska's recall, and it's information that will be useful if your cat got sick -- that is the cause the recall. This information was released by Costco, not Mars and I found it on Susan Thixton's blog because I do not get notifications from Costco. Nor do I get notifications from Mars Corp.

The cause of the Whiskas recall was mycotoxins. From https://food.r-biopharm.com: “The T-2 and HT-2 toxins are found in food and animal feed because of grains and have an impact on farm animals and pets due to the consumption of contaminated feed. Cats are especially sensitive to these contaminations.

If your cat consumed this food, please alert your veterinarian of the cause (mycotoxin contamination). Discuss with your vet ways to detox your cat of the mycotoxins.

Thank you Costco for being transparent with pet owners regarding this recall. Without your transparency, pet owners would have never known the cause.

[/URL]
As ever, we are all in your debt, K Kflowers for this very important information.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone uses raw chicken patties in their raw food prep, but there is a recall of these in the US. So I'm cross posting in case you don't go to the foodie site.

Food Safety Recall: Innovative Solutions, Inc. recalls approximately 97,887 pounds of raw ground chicken patty products due to possible extraneous matter (pieces of bone) contamination. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone uses raw chicken patties in their raw food prep, but there is a recall of these in the US. So I'm cross posting in case you don't go to the foodie site.

Food Safety Recall: Innovative Solutions, Inc. recalls approximately 97,887 pounds of raw ground chicken patty products due to possible extraneous matter (pieces of bone) contamination. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products.

[/URL]
Very grateful for every one of these posts, K Kflowers !

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An Oklahoma dairy is recalling unpasteurized, raw milk because the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry found Listeria monocytogenes in it. second recall for them this year.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise