Cat Food Recall Recalled Cat Food Updates

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank God- Friskies and Meow Mix are still safe. My black cat won’t eat ANYTHING but Meow Mix, and my tuxedo has to have Friskies. My grey cat will eat anything

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
“Nestlé did not test either the pre-mix or the finished pet food to ensure that the Vitamin D level was correct.”

Honestly so glad I ignored my vet on this one thing and switched to homemade + meat completer. I know I’m still relying on the meat completer’s company to be honest and test everything properly, but I just feel so much better about the transparency involved in it as well as sourcing meat myself.

JDourg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
FDA inspections uncover food safety issues at multiple Purina plants
investigation into current complaints ongoing. I'm not seeing a recall here. This is just an update as to what is going on.

FDA inspections uncover food safety issues at multiple Purina plants – eFoodAlert
Thanks for this information. It will be important to keep an eye on this. My cats like Fancy Feast by Purina. My understanding about Fancy Feast is that it has never been subject to a recall. I don’t like these huge conglomerates, generally, and worry about product quality.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FDA inspections uncover food safety issues at multiple Purina plants
investigation into current complaints ongoing. I'm not seeing a recall here. This is just an update as to what is going on.

FDA inspections uncover food safety issues at multiple Purina plants – eFoodAlert
Before anyone freaks out please read the first paragraph. These were done in 2023 before the current pet food scare. Most likely and hopefully the ones that had a few issues corrected the issues they had. This in no way relates to the pet food scare that happened early this year. The FDA has been investigating since January 2024. If there was any issues the FDA would have found them by now. Just please keep that in mind before freaking out.

If you have no issues with any Purina products you feed that is great. But if your pet is sick and you believe it was the food keep the food off to the side report it to Purina & FDA with the lot numbers on the bag or canned.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
duplicate

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before you give your cat/kittens raw cow or goat's milk you need to consider that the bird flu seems to have crossed over to cows and goats (only two cases so far for goats.) From what I've read pasteurization prevents the spread of bird flu through milk, there is nothing to do so in raw milk, beyond the dairy keeping birds away from the cows and goats, which is very hard to do. Measure the risk depending on where you get your raw milk and keep a close eye on things.

Avian flu detected for first time in US livestock | CIDRAP (umn.edu)