recall Hot Pockets

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea where to post this or if it's been posted, but I thought it should be
mentioned.

Nestle recalls more than 760,000 pounds of Hot Pockets because they might contain bits of plastic an

Source: Business Insider

and glass

Nestlé Prepared Foods is recalling about 762,615 pepperoni Hot Pocket products because they may contain "pieces of glass and hard plastic," the USDA said.

The problem was discovered when Nestle received four consumer complaints of "extraneous material in the pepperoni hot pocket product," the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service said. One person suffered a minor mouth injury from eating the contaminated Hot Pocket, the agency said.

The agency has deemed the recall a "Class I", the highest level among the three kinds of recalls, because of the high health risk associated with the consumption of glass or plastic.

"This is a health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death," the agency said.

Read more: Nestle recalls more than 760,000 pounds of Hot Pockets because they might contain bits of plastic and glass

Yummy

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it me or are there a lot of products getting recalled lately? I posted earlier this week that the death toll from the Sportsmix petfood that had aflatoxin in it is now at 70 dogs(RIP poor babies😢). I am going to make sure I am on top of these food recalls from here on out.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don’t think it’s just you. :bawling:
Very troubling. There needs to be better oversight of daily operations. Also, those companies need to be held accountable. In the case with the toxic petfood, I feel absolutely horrible for those who lost their beloved dogs. Something has to be done to prevent this for happening again.

I hope nobody got ill from the Hot Pockets. Ugh, hard plastic and glass? That's just crazy. 😱

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very troubling. There needs to be better oversight of daily operations. Also, those companies need to be held accountable. In the case with the toxic petfood, I feel absolutely horrible for those who lost their beloved dogs. Something has to be done to prevent this for happening again.

I hope nobody got ill from the Hot Pockets. Ugh, hard plastic and glass? That's just crazy. 😱
I know. It’s horrifying. I feel so bad for those poor owners- I can’t even imagine losing your dog to toxic dog food! My heart goes out to them. The fact that hard plastic and glass ended up in hot pockets is so troubling.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, we've been eating them lately, but the ham and cheese ones which haven't been recalled. My husband's had a craving, and I've had one myself.