Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Really Odd-looking Cat

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by rascalshadownj2, Jul 11, 2018.

1. rascalshadownj2

rascalshadownj2 Thread Starter TCS Member Adult Cat

Aug 2, 2016
    Utica, Kentucky
    Since this is a cat site, I thought I would post this video I found on Facebook. I saw this video of a really odd-looking cat. It has really big ears, and sort of grayish brown in color. This article said that this cat had a human-like appearance. Some people said they thought the video was fake. But either way, I thought the cat was really interesting. If anyone knows what kind of cat this is, just let me know. I couldn't find any information on the video. :headshake: This video has sound, but no one talks in the video. They just zoom in and out of the cat's face. Hope you enjoy this video. :)

https://www.facebook.com/viralmotion/videos/1807312642731508/

2. mightyboosh

mightyboosh TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 19, 2017
    Burnley, UK
    It does look unusual but I can't quite put my finger on it. fake or not, the eyes look almost human.

artiemom purraised this.

3. rascalshadownj2

Aug 2, 2016
    Utica, Kentucky
    That's what I was thinking. How the eyes seem to follow you around. That would be interesting to see what breed of cat this is. :ruminating:

mightyboosh purraised this.

4. weebeasties

weebeasties TCS Member Super Cat

Jul 14, 2016
    Florida
    I hope it is a fake because it really creeped me out! :shocked:

rascalshadownj2 and artiemom purraised this.

5. artiemom

artiemom Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart Top Cat

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    almost looked photoshopped, with the lighter grey fur, surrounding the 'human face' ~~~ as in a mask...

It did creep me out, also....need more pictures from different angles in order to judge, correctly...

weebeasties purraised this.

6. mightyboosh

Jul 19, 2017
    Burnley, UK
    Just watched it again and I think it's real although I realise that seemingly impossible things can be done these days with technology. On balance then I'd say real.

rascalshadownj2 purraised this.

7. Alice catlady

Alice catlady TCS Member Adult Cat

Jul 2, 2018
    Norway
    I clicked the link to the owner, and it seems to be a maine coon.

rascalshadownj2 purraised this.

8. mightyboosh

Jul 19, 2017
    Burnley, UK
    I thought that when I watched it. A spooky Maine Coon.

rascalshadownj2 and Alice catlady purraised this.

9. Alice catlady

Alice catlady TCS Member Adult Cat

Jul 2, 2018
    Norway
    They had more than one dark MC, but I think it might be this one? Pillowtalks Genesis: Pillowtalk,s Genesis - Галерея

And Yes, it’s spooky!

10. rascalshadownj2

Aug 2, 2016
    Utica, Kentucky
    Thanks Alice for finding a link to those Main Coon cats. :) That cat had such Big ears that I couldn't figure out what breed of cat had such large ears. Glad you found that link. Luckily you could read about the site in English instead of Russian. ;) I'll have to post that link to that site under the video. I'm sure those people would want to know the breed. They really had some beautiful cats there. One of my nephews and his wife have two Main Coon cats. Male and Female. Both spayed and neutered. But they are colored more like a tabby instead of that cat in the video and their ears are not that big. Guess it varies from certain breeds. You really did a good job finding that link. Thanks for doing that research! :clap2: Thanks too everyone for sharing your thoughts on that video. I appreciate your input! :)