Really Impressed By Ziwipeak

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow talk about customer service! I sent them an email asking why their canned chicken contains menadione but their website doesn't list it. And I mentioned it's not necessary unless it contains over 25% fish, which it doesn't. There's only green lipped mussel in there. Someone from the company called me back and explained that the US one shouldn't contain any and there might be a mix up with labeling or I really did receive the wrong version. She asked me to text her some pictures of the can to help them figure it out, which I was happy to do. She said they'll send me replacement product and a voucher for their food. What really impressed me was that the company really wanted to get to the bottom of the issue. Their food is really expensive but at least it's high quality with superb service!

myrlien

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm in the process of trying to transfer my cat to canned ZiwiPeak (among others). It's nice to read about good experiences like this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm in the process of trying to transfer my cat to canned ZiwiPeak (among others). It's nice to read about good experiences like this.
Glad I can help. Goodluck with transitioning your kitty. :)

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you had a good experience. I had a bad experience once when I emailed them about my cat getting diarrhea on their food. They told me that their food didn’t cause it and I was mistaken. Even though the diarrhea only happened right after I fed their food. Then they offered to send me a free sample but never did. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you had a good experience. I had a bad experience once when I emailed them about my cat getting diarrhea on their food. They told me that their food didn’t cause it and I was mistaken. Even though the diarrhea only happened right after I fed their food. Then they offered to send me a free sample but never did. :dunno:
Dang that sucks! Hmm. Hopefully they have gotten better since then.

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually I bless the fact that there is a concerned company that cares about what goes into their canned foods.
Yes, Ziwipeak is more expensive but these cats are "my daughters" and they will get nothing but the best and safest in quality, no matter the cost.
Azazel: As for vomiting from the canned. I suspect that you possibly fed more than a simple teaspoon the first few times and didn't wean them in to the new food. That'll do it!!!!

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I bless the fact that there is a concerned company that cares about what goes into their canned foods.
Yes, Ziwipeak is more expensive but these cats are "my daughters" and they will get nothing but the best and safest in quality, no matter the cost.
Azazel: As for vomiting from the canned. I suspect that you possibly fed more than a simple teaspoon the first few times and didn't wean them in to the new food. That'll do it!!!!

My cat didn't experience vomitting, it was diarrhea. And yes, I am always careful to transition slowly to new foods. Ziwipeak is overpriced for something that contains so much legumes.

My experience with this company was that they didn't really care at all about my cat having diarrhea after eating their food. I wouldn't call that a 'concerned' company.

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat didn't experience vomitting, it was diarrhea. And yes, I am always careful to transition slowly to new foods. Ziwipeak is overpriced for something that contains so much legumes.

My experience with this company was that they didn't really care at all about my cat having diarrhea after eating their food. I wouldn't call that a 'concerned' company.
Oops! My bad. I read your post incorrectly, sorry.
However, I still am rather surprised that they were not forthcoming with some kind of apology or help to you. I have found them to be so upfront with responses that I can only assume you spoke with a less than understanding employee. Too bad.
I hope all worked out well for your sweet kitty.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Oops! My bad. I read your post incorrectly, sorry.
However, I still am rather surprised that they were not forthcoming with some kind of apology or help to you. I have found them to be so upfront with responses that I can only assume you spoke with a less than understanding employee. Too bad.
I hope all worked out well for your sweet kitty.
I was pretty surprised too. I'm not saying that people shouldn't feed their food, I'm just sharing my experience.

Yep, things are great now since I only feed homemade raw food. I don't have to deal with any more pet feed companies. :)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We liked ZiwiPeak and I had great experience with their customer service, but I stopped feeding it because they add chickpeas, which is inexcusable with their price tag. I see no other reason to add chickpeas than elevating protein level at low cost, and if I’m paying that much for a can of food, I don’t want to feel cheated. That’s really a shame because my cats love it but Why would I feed them food with chickpeas..

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We liked ZiwiPeak and I had great experience with their customer service, but I stopped feeding it because they add chickpeas, which is inexcusable with their price tag. I see no other reason to add chickpeas than elevating protein level at low cost, and if I’m paying that much for a can of food, I don’t want to feel cheated. That’s really a shame because my cats love it but Why would I feed them food with chickpeas..
This is why I stopped feeding it too. Feline naturals has much better quality and has no chickpeas