Really Great News!

nenners

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As you all know I have 3 kitties. One of them is /was feral. We've had her for over a year. Last night we had a break through. Most of the time Sarah is scared to death to let anyone near her except me and Shawn. She also does not get along very well with my other babies. I don't know what got into her last night, but she came upstairs when our roommate Adam was in the living room. He almost was able to pet her! This is extrordinary, considering if she even heard the sound of his voice she would run for the basement! Not only that but she came up and sat on my chest next to my other baby Josephine. Josephine didn't hiss or spit at her. They laid next to each other on me for quite some time. I'm so happy !
I want her to be so much more an active member of our family. It has taken her so long to be comfortable. I've been so patient with her and I've worked so hard. It was so worth it just to have her lay on me last night!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful thing to happen!! I'm so happy for you and Sarah. It does take a while for ferals to really start trusting people, especially those outside of the ones they are used to. Once it happens, though, WOW! I'm sure your heart skipped a beat when she came up and laid on you with Josephine!