Really energetic cat and the wrong amount of food?

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,I’ve got a siamese mixed cat
69CB64ED-B3A8-43AB-86BE-B797055FE764.jpeg
and he is playing all day with his two sisters (which are European Shorthairs) I also play with him 2 hours a day because he is never tired and still he is bored 😹
But my other two cats have been gaining weight

-1 year old female has gained 200gr in 24 days
- 5 months old female has gained 300gr in 24 days

The siamese is 1 year and 4 month old and he is stuck in 4,1kg for 24 days,but I can’t really tell if he is fit because he’s got a primordial pouch… when I watch him from above I can see his bones (slightly) and I can touch his bones if I pet his back
I feed him 3 meals a day (dry/wet food + treats + salmon oil)

Should I feed him a little bit more?
DEA2BAB1-1AB5-4D4A-B671-96E216F12B34.jpeg

Stucker516

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional, just someone who owns cats.
His weight seems to be a fairly healthy weight for his age and activity level, as long as your feeding him the recommended amount according to the pet food container and your vet. It wouldn't hurt him for you to feed him more though. But keep an eye on his weight and if he progressively loses weight over the next few months, despite feeding him more, then you should consider taking him to the vet because it might be more than his metabolism and diet.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think you should be able to feel the bones on his back when you pet him. I would increase his food a bit and see what happens.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the photo, your Siamese looks about right. However, talk to your vet and get a professional opinion.

He has intense blue eyes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the photo, your Siamese looks about right. However, talk to your vet and get a professional opinion.

He has intense blue eyes!
Thanks for the advice,I’ve got an appointment in a couple of weeks :)
Thank you so much honey 🧡