Ready to being very old feral inside.. Need support please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know, other people Rescue too. Maybe someone rescued them. You could check with local vets, animal shelters etc.. I am required to contact the one here and there is a holding time at animal control before the shelter takes them in for adoption. They do attempt to find owners first but if they are not chipped that can’t be done. Since I rescue a lot, they work with me to be foster and adopt if we don’t find the home they came from. I always post everywhere about them but finding the owner is hard if they aren’t looking. You just never know but more and more people are rescuing and those kitties may be getting a vet check or in a home being fed yummy stuff right now. ;) The first thing I do is notify vets and have the cat scanned for a chip. The next thing is to put up pictures and my number in the local post office, stores and outside my house as well as sending the info far and wide as I can. Still, one time it took me four months to find an owner who was searching. By then the kitty had been vetted, a small benign tumor removed and kitty was in A1 condition to go back to his family. More recently one of my rescues was let out by someone and it was four months before I found her. She is here with me now. The biggest thing is that they all have your love. They know. Now she will have you watching over her. I know it is emotional. Me too! You are not alone in any of this. Hang in there and we will all be hanging in there with you.:hugs:
Thank you so much. And thanks for the wonderful things you do for these cats. You're awesome!! I really need to hear that btw.
I started with about 20 but when there were 5 for 3 years and the youngest went missing I did go to the shelter. I asked neighbors on another street. I live in an apartment so yes I was definitely hoping someone took her. I definitely would want that for all of them. But I also have a neighbor who hates them. Her sons were visiting on weekends and after the 1sr disappeared..2 more did a month apart and on a weekend... so... I'm a pessimistic unfortunately. :) but yes. When they blink at me it warms my heart abd I know I'm doing good. I just really miss them!! Going out to feed 2x a day in snow or 90 degrees ... while I hope to never have to start again! Because losing each one was so difficult!! For the ones I had..I would care for them forever.

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's in my bathroom! :) i guess it coyld be awhile before she leaves crate inside bigger one. My 2 pets have no clue she's here!! :) i didn't bring her in at dinner cause i thought my dog would keep me up all night. Anyway ill probably have a few questions here abd there. But thank you all again for all your support. You are all wonderful people!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!!!!!! We knew you could fo it! Isn’t it the most wonderful relief to have her inside? The work will continue but you did it! :yess::bunnydance::banana1::woo::woohoo:Now maybe a bit of rest for you? Happy dancing for you!

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay!!!!!!! We knew you could fo it! Isn’t it the most wonderful relief to have her inside? The work will continue but you did it! :yess::bunnydance::banana1::woo::woohoo:Now maybe a bit of rest for you? Happy dancing for you!
:) It really is a relief. I coyldnt sleep last night. :) i checked on her 20 minutes after bringing her in and she was sitting on smaller crate and ate!!! But now i think she's mad at me.
i just read an old post abd im going to add potting soil abd leaves to litter. It smells in there but i don't notice an accident. Here we go.... :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found that using something from where these ferals used potty outside did help. There is a Doctor Elseys attract litter that I see suggested but I never had to use that. She may be a little mad but this will pass. Once they understand the luxuries of being loved inside, all is forgiven. Cats are the most forgiving creatures. You can expect some kitty aggravation and upset as things change and move along. I am glad you got her before the vet check because this sometimes works in your favor. They are very glad to come back home and see their guardian again after they settle. Just let her go at her own pace right now. Some cats tend to go to high places and others go to low ones outside. If the litter box is in a tight space, she may also try to stay above that. One step at a time but you made a huge leap in getting her. :clap2::goldstar:

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found that using something from where these ferals used potty outside did help. There is a Doctor Elseys attract litter that I see suggested but I never had to use that. She may be a little mad but this will pass. Once they understand the luxuries of being loved inside, all is forgiven. Cats are the most forgiving creatures. You can expect some kitty aggravation and upset as things change and move along. I am glad you got her before the vet check because this sometimes works in your favor. They are very glad to come back home and see their guardian again after they settle. Just let her go at her own pace right now. Some cats tend to go to high places and others go to low ones outside. If the litter box is in a tight space, she may also try to stay above that. One step at a time but you made a huge leap in getting her. :clap2::goldstar:
Very helpful info. Thanks. She's really has been sleeping all day. I said she was mad because she weirdly had her head turned as i talked to her.. But maybe she was asleep. :) I'm going to guess this may be the best sleep she's had. Would you say she's at least comfortable/trusts me?.. Or would they all do that?
..here cone the questions.. Since she ate a little.. When should she poop/pee? Is there a time when she's sleeping too much? Thank you!!!!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most likely she will pee/poop tonight when all is quiet and it's dark. Sleeping is fine. It's her way of taking things in and processing. It takes time to get acclimated to new things.

I have used Dr. Elsey litter attract when needed. Yet most often I find pee nearby, sop up the pee with a paper towel and bury it in the box. Cats are attracted to their own scent. Same with poop if it is done outside of the litter box.

It is great that she is eating. Sometimes when bringing a cat inside they will stress out and not eat for awhile.

I would suggest visiting her often for short spurts. If possible sit on the floor so you do not loom over her. Talk quietly to her or just sit and read a book or do something on your phone. I used to bring a special treat in for cats that I had just brought inside. Plain cooked chicken, a bit of canned tuna or a special cat treat. It does help them.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! This is the best sleep she has ever had. It will get better too. All the above info is great! Once she adjusts to inside, she will relax. She is safe and she will learn that if she doesn’t already know. She definitely trusts you or you never would have been able to do so much with her. She is a very lucky kitty to be loved by you. I wish more people would take the time and expend the effort. You just made the world a better place and you made her whole world better.

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow that's so lovely to hear!!

She dumped the litter. I had a tin foil cooking pan..she had already stepped in when she jumped on her crate but i thought this might be wrong material. I pushed holes thru it abd tied it to crate. Then put box that fit amazing well into pan. She peed. I have another box but that's it. Should i put sonethong at bottom of box to use more often? Or do you think she'll be good after 2 boxes to use tge tin foil? I also have smaller metalpan.
She is also laying in loaf position which i remember reading coyld maybe be good. Now i have to wait for her to come out. :) she's only cried twice.. I'm assuming she'll make moe noise when comfortable... Or would that be frustation?
I did do this 10 year's ago but was told he was probably a stray due to being tge only friendly one from the beginning. And i don't remember much of the beginning.
But still i could not do this without you all!!!! The emotional support alone means so much!!

Last edited: