RE: The "Tiger King" Loses Again and the TIGERS Win!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
As a supporter when possible and fellow advocate at all times of/with Big Cat Rescue, I am overjoyed to be able to celebrate this victory with them at last. Most importantly, the innocent, abused big cats who had the horribly bad fortune to be in the sphere of the depraved killer "Tiger King" will now have the safe haven and loving care they, and every cat, deserve(s) at long last.
Carole Baskin & Big Cat Rescue win custody of "Tiger King" Joe Exotic's tigers - Animals 24-7
I hope you all will celebrate with me. And if you're so fortunate and feel so inclined, you can show those tigers some support, too. Just sayin'.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Unfortunately the title of that article is misleading. The judgement doesn't give them custody of the animals, if you read carefully you'll see that the only mention of the animals in that judgement is that they must be removed from the property by the current tenant within 120 days. All it did was give ownership of the "zoo" itself and some other property to BCR.

It does say that they have offered to assist with the animals if the guy who currently has legal ownership of them isn't able to take care of them or if his plans to build a larger facility for them don't pan out, but BCR currently does not have custody of the animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Unfortunately the title of that article is misleading. The judgement doesn't give them custody of the animals, if you read carefully you'll see that the only mention of the animals in that judgement is that they must be removed from the property by the current tenant within 120 days. All it did was give ownership of the "zoo" itself and some other property to BCR.

It does say that they have offered to assist with the animals if the guy who currently has legal ownership of them isn't able to take care of them or if his plans to build a larger facility for them don't pan out, but BCR currently does not have custody of the animals.
True. But as a longtime supporter of BCR, I'm pretty certain that is what will happen, inasmuchas BCS is able to accomodate and care properly for them. Ms. Baskin has also said that they have successfully arranged placement for big cats needing permanent care in accredited facilities other than BCR in the past, so I am also confident that that will be on the table as well, if needed.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Hmm, it does say this: "The ruling means that the facilities, animals, and several vehicles formerly owned by “Joe Exotic,” under his legal names of Joseph Schreibvogel and Joseph Passage-Maldonado, are to be transferred to Big Cat Rescue in satisfaction of a seven-year-old $1 million judgement against “Joe Exotic” for trademark infringement."

So it sounds to me like they did get custody but are allowing Jeff Lowe to keep the animals at his new facilities. I'll see if I can find another article that's a bit clearer.

Ok, she actually has links to the legal documents on her site. It doesn't sound like they got the animals. So whoever wrote that article isn't very good at it :/. That's too bad, but I hope this new guy is at least better than Joe.
Agreed | Big Cat Rescue

Last edited:

KittyFriday

🐱
Adult Cat
Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of facilities Jeff Lowe will build for those tigers but I honestly feel like he's worse than Joe Exotic. There's something really off about him - not that there isn't with Joe. Both are creeps.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I'm not sure what kind of facilities Jeff Lowe will build for those tigers but I honestly feel like he's worse than Joe Exotic. There's something really off about him - not that there isn't with Joe. Both are creeps.
Agree 100% with you there, KittyFriday KittyFriday . At least the first step has been taken to get them to safe haven and AWAY from the alternative.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Reaction score
I'm a huge supporter of BCR too and adamantly supported Carole Baskin but am very disappointed in hearing that the will was forged as released by the sheriff this morning. I mean Crazy Joe or Don Lewis' ex wife has nothing to gain by forging a will leaving everything to Carole. I guess we'll have to see if the above news holds or if Carole truly is guilty. :(

Sheriff confirms will of ‘Tiger King’ star Carole Baskin’s dead husband was forged

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I'm a huge supporter of BCR too and adamantly supported Carole Baskin but am very disappointed in hearing that the will was forged as released by the sheriff this morning. I mean Crazy Joe or Don Lewis' ex wife has nothing to gain by forging a will leaving everything to Carole. I guess we'll have to see if the above news holds or if Carole truly is guilty. :(

Sheriff confirms will of ‘Tiger King’ star Carole Baskin’s dead husband was forged
"Possibly" is the operative word; and she is not guilty of that. That statute of limitations has been passed. No way is she guilty of anything.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Ugh, PETA should not be involved; they'll kill the tigers if they get custody. They think death is better than captivity.

I live in the country and have dogs, so I know that flies are unavoidable, and even a little flystrike on their ears can't be avoided sometimes. And you can't exactly make a tiger go inside like you can with dogs, or put a net on their heads like you can with horses. But the pictures I've seen show excessive flystrike; that shouldn't happen if they have an effective fly mitigation program.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Tiger King’s Jeff Lowe abruptly ends interview following unwanted question

Sickening conditions and PETA is now involved. He sounds worse than Joe Exotic.
Well, I wouldn't wish PETA on anyone. They are documented as having killed almost every one of the animals they have collected from trusting people, promising to find them good homes. And their head kookoo, Newkirk, is on record as having said she loves killing animals. I do everything I can to alert people to the truth about this organization, which relies on D-List "celebs" and shock value to gain yet more gullible people and separate them from their money.
But that said, yes, Lowe is another demon.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Yeah but he likely thinks anybody who wants to enforce proper treatment for the animals is a "terrorist". So he's right for the wrong reasons :tongue: .