RE: Some New Catio Designs

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nice if ya need it... my cats gotta run free and take their chances in the wide world, same way I take my chances, 10-4? But I know some folks need catios to keep their kittehs safe, and some of those catios look pretty stylin', LOL. :coolcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice if ya need it... my cats gotta run free and take their chances in the wide world, same way I take my chances, 10-4? But I know some folks need catios to keep their kittehs safe, and some of those catios look pretty stylin', LOL. :coolcat:
Yeah, if you've ever lost a beloved cat to the wide world, you really want to keep them safe. At least I do, having experienced losses in the past. Anyway. Hoping some here on the site will enjoy seeing the different types and might find just the right ones for their cats.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay! I’m ready to move into that video myself! That is awesome! As a cat owner who is aware that leash laws are becoming the rule for cats instead of the exception, I’m always suggesting catio spaces to others. As a friend of someone whose kitties roamed wide open and ,what she felt were , safe places but lost a kitty, I can see that this would keep the rest of her beloved clan safe, yet give them the freedom of outdoors. She’ll love this! The best of everything for the kitties. They have outdoors, freedom, lots of places to explore and safety. No cars, humans or predators can get them and they would not be exposed to other sick animals. These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing this. I’m going to pass it on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay! I’m ready to move into that video myself! That is awesome! As a cat owner who is aware that leash laws are becoming the rule for cats instead of the exception, I’m always suggesting catio spaces to others. As a friend of someone whose kitties roamed wide open and ,what she felt were , safe places but lost a kitty, I can see that this would keep the rest of her beloved clan safe, yet give them the freedom of outdoors. She’ll love this! The best of everything for the kitties. They have outdoors, freedom, lots of places to explore and safety. No cars, humans or predators can get them and they would not be exposed to other sick animals. These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing this. I’m going to pass it on.
Good on ya! I have lost several beloved feline family members myself, through ignorance on the part of others or through others refusing to let me bring them inside. So I am an ardent advocate for catios and for indoor-only cats.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good on ya! I have lost several beloved feline family members myself, through ignorance on the part of others or through others refusing to let me bring them inside. So I am an ardent advocate for catios and for indoor-only cats.
I agree. The days of thinking cats are safe outside are past. We are now very aware of all the risks and dangers they face. We all want them to enjoy the air, sun and gardens but it only takes losing one before the reality has taken an irreparable toll. I know some places “don’t allow” indoor cats or a place for enclosures but as people become educated to the facts, opinions are shifting. Thank goodness! I often find myself trying to help others find their lost or missing cats and it’s heartbreaking. The “not knowing” what happened to a vanished cat is torture. Finding them can be a sad end as well. I also find myself rescuing many kitties that “used” to be a beloved family member. They get lost, dumped or stolen away. Sadly, most of the kitties found wandering are not found by someone who is willing to work to save them. Our shelters here are filled with cats that someone turned in as having wandered onto their property. The fate at the shelter is usually a tragic end due to lack of space, support and funding. A catio or some form of enclosed shelter gives the cats the best of both worlds. Great option!