RE: JUST TAKEN OFF NEWS FOR SURFSIDE, FLORIDA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know about the laws passed after Hurricane Katrina. I wasn't as tuned in to things as I am now. 7:24pm??? Then it is done. RIP to all the people and animals who perished. ☹🌹🌹🌹 I can barely type this because my eyes are so teary. We will never forget this horrible tragedy!!!
I've been monitoring all day and so far there is nothing to this effect.
According to Miami-Dade Police, DEMOLITION WILL TAKE PLACE TONIGHT BETWEEN 10:00pm-3:00am. EDT. *It is now 7:58 EDT*. Area residents told to stay inside effective immediately. This was taken off twitter a minute ago.
Latest per the Mayor is that thermal imaging and searches of closets, under beds, etc., where they could, has yielded no animals. Three searches have been done.

Last edited:

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After Katrina, laws were passed mandating that rescue shelters accept companion animals. IDK how stringently this is enforced, though.
They're just about ready to bring it down, I would think, at 7:24pm EDT. Not a lot more daylight left.
This is really iffy. As someone who has always lived in hurricane country and has evacuated more than once, but never to a shelter, I can tell you 20% or less accept animals. There may be a law that says an area has to offer an accommodation but it certainly isn't everywhere.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are no longer with us, may they have been taken up instantly and without suffering. If any are still here, I pray for a miracle that brings them to safe haven. Truly amazing things have happened all around the world, in the past, when no one thinks they possibly could. So I for one will keep praying and keep hoping. For the animals and for the people *we're all animals, so it's all one to me.*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have words to express how I feel. It is a miracle!. I hope Hippo got out as well and will come to safe haven. THANK YOU CL56 CL56 for sharing this amazing news!!!
I am in tears. We needed this miracle! This tragedy was enormous and extremely heartbreaking. I hope there is more miracles. My thoughts and prayers are with the families that lost so much. May they be comforted during this very difficult time. ❤❤❤