Re-homing Kittens Across State Borders.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!
I have recently had a beautiful litter of Ragdoll kittens! I listed them for sale and I have had several people contact me about them. However, two of them don’t live in my state. When it is time to pick up the kittens, they are planning to drive to my state so I will not be using a courier service or shipping them. But, is their any health or vet certificates needed to drive a kitten across state borders? I am a new breeder so I am still learning. Thank you!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I've never had any issues transporting cats to different states for shows. The main thing you need to check is the law regarding rabies vaccinations. Some states require them, some don't. If the kittens are going to a state that requires the rabies shot they should get it before they go to that state.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never had any issues transporting cats to different states for shows. The main thing you need to check is the law regarding rabies vaccinations. Some states require them, some don't. If the kittens are going to a state that requires the rabies shot they should get it before they go to that state.
Ok, thank you!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I once looked into that because I got my dog in Nebraska. Technically you need a rabies certificate and sometimes a health certificate to transport an animal across state lines. . .although this is rarely enforced. But as a breeder it's best to know because they might be more inclined to enforce it when a "professional" is involved instead of just a regular pet owner who can claim cluelessness :D.

I found this site, looks helpful: State-By-State Guide to Moving with Pets | MYMOVE

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I once looked into that because I got my dog in Nebraska. Technically you need a rabies certificate and sometimes a health certificate to transport an animal across state lines. . .although this is rarely enforced. But as a breeder it's best to know because they might be more inclined to enforce it when a "professional" is involved instead of just a regular pet owner who can claim cluelessness :D.

I found this site, looks helpful: State-By-State Guide to Moving with Pets | MYMOVE
Wow the site you gave me was extremely helpful! Thank you so much!

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!
I have recently had a beautiful litter of Ragdoll kittens! I listed them for sale and I have had several people contact me about them. However, two of them don’t live in my state. When it is time to pick up the kittens, they are planning to drive to my state so I will not be using a courier service or shipping them. But, is their any health or vet certificates needed to drive a kitten across state borders? I am a new breeder so I am still learning. Thank you!
One of the breeders I buy from, the one from whom I got my female, and from whom I'm buying my next (unrelated) female next year, is two states away, and there was never an issue. She didn't have to do anything special. It's no different from the in-state breeder I get my males from.

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the breeders I buy from, the one from whom I got my female, and from whom I'm buying my next (unrelated) female next year, is two states away, and there was never an issue. She didn't have to do anything special. It's no different from the in-state breeder I get my males from.
Ok, that’s good:) thanks!