Re-homing A Brother And Sister

rogue22912

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I have a coworker who unfortunately has had 3 stroke in the past few months. She has a brother and sister cats that she can no longer care for they are about 2 years old. The boy Casper is an all black cat while his sister is a tortie named Luna. I would take them in but I already have 5 cats of my own and I told her I would help her find a home for them. They must go to a home together. I also told her if worst came to worst I would take them in but only until I can find a home for them because I dont want to see them go to a shelter. We are located in Aurora, Colorado. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How sad for your co-worker AND her cats that they have to be separated? Pets are so good for helping people recover. Does she not have any family who can take them? I hope you are posting this information in other places as well, like on your Facebook page if you have one, here: Log into Facebook | Facebook , even possibly at local pet supply stores (NOT national chains) .

It's not likely that someone here living in and near Aurora will see this and have "space available", but you just never know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rogue22912

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted on a few re homing pages on facebook and then I also posted on the next door app. I got more hits on a possible home on the nextdoor app then I did on facebook. They might have a home the person that wants to take them is about to take a 2 week vacation so they will probably take them after they get back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rogue22912

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So a new update, she is going to try and keep them, her family is going to try and step up and help her take care of them after they saw how heartbroken she was at the thought of having to give them up. I also told her about chewy.com how she could get the cat stuff delivered to her door and she really liked that idea.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So a new update, she is going to try and keep them, her family is going to try and step up and help her take care of them after they saw how heartbroken she was at the thought of having to give them up. I also told her about chewy.com how she could get the cat stuff delivered to her door and she really liked that idea.
...and just FYI, drsfostersmith.com also delivers to your door -- two vets started this company and it is excellent. I'm a longtime customer who's very happy with them.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm just thrilled that these cats are being given a chance to remain in the home and with the person they love! Her family might consider one of the self-cleaning litter boxes to make things a bit easier. I've thought about them for myself...well, for Hekitty...and may yet go with one.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for helping! Also, please tell her family that as a cat lover who spends all her time trying to find homes for lost and discarded cats, I applaud them for making the time in their lives to keep the cats where they are. It can make all the difference in your coworkers life and recovery. I raised a child with handicaps. Her pets changed her life. Mine too. Everything was more positive. We had a happier life with them and they encouraged my daughter to try harder to do things in order to interact with them. They are doing a great thing for their relative and ultimately for themselves. I send my gratitude and thanks to them and to you. :yess::clap2::sunshine:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kids raised (thoughtfully and lovingly) with cats have the edge on other kids. Most of them grow up healthier physically and emotionally/mentally, more compassionate, gentle, loving and caring, and more personally responsible. They tend to be better contributors to society because they learned at an early age what unconditional love and loyalty are all about, plus personal responsibility. How do I know this? ;)