Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Re: Help Catch A Criminal

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Animals' started by tarasgirl06, Apr 22, 2019.

1. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Many of you have probably already seen and hopefully shared this. Most of you know I'm not a fan of dogs, but I also abhor cruelty in any form, and this "person" -- and I use that term very loosely because this is a nice site -- needs to be caught and punitive action taken. Be on the lookout and report it if you see it (the perpetrator).
    Police search for woman who tossed bag of 7 live puppies into Coachella dumpster

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Thank you for posting this .... :yelling:

CatLover49 and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

3. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair

4. Norachan

Norachan Moderator Staff Member Moderator

May 27, 2013
    Mount Fuji, Japan
    :yess: I'm so glad they got her!

I wonder if the mother dog is still around? It would be great if the puppies could be reunited with their mum.

tarasgirl06 and Furballsmom purraised this.

5. Maria Bayote

Maria Bayote Mama of 4 Cats, 3 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans Super Cat

Jan 15, 2018
    Doha
    I am a dog lover and this sickened me to the core! Good thing the authorities now have her.

Somewhere along the way something went very wrong with the way this woman was probably brought up. No compassion. I bet she has got no remorse, too.

So sad.

tarasgirl06 and Furballsmom purraised this.

6. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    :yeah:

This is one of those times when you can't help but think of the expression, 'let the punishment fit the crime.' :angryfire: Fortunately she is in custody and the puppies are safe from harm.

Leomc123, Maria Bayote, tarasgirl06 and 2 others purraised this.

7. Talien

Talien TCS Member Alpha Cat

Oct 10, 2018
    Michigan
    My sentiments exactly.

neely, CatLover49, tarasgirl06 and 1 other person purraised this.

8. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    That wouldn't be a felony here :/. She'd barely get a ticket. Too bad not every state has such strict animal abuse laws.

I'm glad they got her and California has laws that actually protect animals!

CatLover49 and Furballsmom purraised this.

9. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Here is an expanded UPDATE: Woman who allegedly ditched puppies in Coachella dumpster arrested So the incident was only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. We can be grateful for the good Samaritan and for all that has followed.
    @Willowy While California does in most cases lead the way in being progressive and compassionate, unfortunately, we have the same very flawed "just us" system as the rest of the society and it remains to be seen what the outcome will be here. But some lives have been saved from prolonged and cruel suffering, at least. I am not a pitbull advocate -- quite the opposite -- and these are pitbulls. But no living being should be treated in such a manner.

10. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    kittyluv387, CatLover49 and Furballsmom purraised this.

11. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    38 dogs, my goodness! Especially if they're pitties, who aren't large dogs but aren't exactly small either. Althought the pups don't look like pits to me. I'd like to hear more about the adult dogs and what condition they're in.

ETA: OK, not pitties. While "terrier mix" usually means pit mix, the pictures from the house show Jack Russell and small scruffy terrier type dogs. At least they're small. Should be easier to find good homes for them. It says they're in "mostly healthy condition". Woman Suspected Of Dumping Puppies Had 38 More Dogs Living In Coachella Home. Probably a mental health issue. If she were in sound mind, she could have sold the pups---small terrier mixes ought to sell for enough to cover their care.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Furballsmom and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

12. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Yeah, looks like either a methfreak or a mental illness sufferer. The house looks like an absolute dump. There are a lot of things like this going on in the desert. Some of us just love the environment. Others go there to commit crimes out of the eye of the public. And there are a lot of totally unsocially stable people out there. Looks like this one may be a combination. Glad the animals are being evaluated, and if the woman (and any other people?) is unstable, maybe this will mean she'll get some help of some kind.

fionasmom and Furballsmom purraised this.

13. CatLover49

CatLover49 My Precious Snowball Alpha Cat

Feb 8, 2018
    Reidsville NC
    They need to lock her up for along time n pay a.huge fine n b made to pay to help animals on any condition when she got out n if she didn't pay LOCK HER BACK UP:angryfire:

Furballsmom purraised this.

14. CatLover49

CatLover49 My Precious Snowball Alpha Cat

Feb 8, 2018
    Reidsville NC
    Yes im glad they caught her too.:redtongue:

neely, tarasgirl06 and Furballsmom purraised this.

15. Norachan

Norachan Moderator Staff Member Moderator

May 27, 2013
    Mount Fuji, Japan
    Woah, so she was a hoarder! At least the authorities are on to her now and all the other dogs in her house will get the care they need.

I know what she did was horrible, but it does sound like she has mental health problems or a drug problem. I hope she gets the help she needs too.

bear, tarasgirl06 and Furballsmom purraised this.

16. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Here is the article my longtime top source of news about animals wrote as a followup to the story:
    Culwell case: did surrender fees lead to Coachella puppy-dumping?
    A lot of food for thought here. Some very disturbing questions. Can anyone answer them? *That's somewhat rhetorical, as of course this is a huge problem on many levels.*

17. Furballsmom

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Denver Dumb Friends League has an overnight set of large drop off cages that lock from the inside when closed and then can't be accessed from the outside at all. However a person not only needs to know about this, but a way to get there...

fionasmom and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

18. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    EXACTLY, @Furballsmom. As a person who does not drive and does not have a car, I relate quite personally to this. Also, as a person who has to be very careful financially, I am always aware of the "costs of living" which are exorbitant, and so while I join the thousands in being indignant and angry at cruelty whenever and wherever I see it, it is always in the back of my mind that very few things in life are "simple".

neely, CatLover49 and Furballsmom purraised this.

19. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    I so agree, @Norachan. You'll be interested in the article I've just linked and posted.

20. Furballsmom

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    This is so very true.

tarasgirl06 and CatLover49 purraised this.