Re-action From Rabies And Fvrp-felv Combo Vaccines

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Friday, my cat had her annual rabies and FCRP-FELV vaccines. Included was a steroid in the shot because Kay had a re-action last year, fever and lethargic feeling. She goes outside so needs these vaccines. It is now Saturday evening and she still is lethargic, doing not much else other than sleeping. Is there anything I can do for her, or just wait it out. She did not vomit, go into convulsions or anything like that, but she is not eating and has drank only a very little amount of water since Friday morning, breakfast. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's normal for cats to be lethargic for a day or two after getting both the rabies and FCVRP vaccations :agree: The body is just reacting (in a good way) to the vaccines. Two vaccines can pack a punch. It kind of like how many people feel a bit run down for a day after getting a flu shot. As long as your cat is eating and drinking and using the litter box, don't worry about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you LTS3. The reason it took so long to get back is that everything you mentioned above for reactions is what Katy has experienced and today was the first day she is her old self. Her appetite came back and she is drinking water normally. She has also been using the litter box normally. I know that other members will of course advocate "indoor only", sometimes easier said than done. Enough said. Thanks again LTS3, all is well again. :) ( I appreciate your response. )