Rawz Rabbit Pate shortage?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what's going on with Rawz Rabbit Pate? It has not been available locally for over a month. It is now out of stock at all the US online resellers. I have placed an order with the only Canadian reseller at a 70% markup for shipping. To be honest, I fully expect an apology email from them in a day or three saying their website did not reflect their stock.

I sent Rawz an email about it today. But I'm wondering if anyone else has more contacted them or a distributor and has any information on what's going on.

I just don't understand rabbit shortages. Don't they breed like bunnies?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any information but I went through the same thing. My local shop just didn't have it anymore and I was lucky to be able to buy a case online when I did. :/ I hope it comes back in stock soon. Let us know what Rawz says!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeffrey’s is about an hour away. Maybe longer since it’s San Francisco on a weekend. I called them and they confirmed they have it. I will drive up later this afternoon. Thanks!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was getting 3 oz from Incredible Pets and I bought the last 21 cans of 5.5 oz from Hearty Pets in MD. I placed an order with one of the New Jersey sellers that was cancelled when they ran out of inventory filling orders ahead of me and their distributor was back ordered.

I just came back from Jeffrey’s in SF and got 24 of probably the last 30 cans in the Bay Area. I left the last six for someone else.

I’m going to leave the online order I placed with the Canada seller even with the shipping markup. I’d rather have too much than not enough.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just at the independent pet store today. They had plenty of Rawz rabbit and other varieties.
Do they have an online portal?

I feel like I just kicked the problem down the road a couple weeks. In a month, I’ll be once again wondering why Rawz can’t get it together if there isn’t rabbit on the shelves and online by then.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent Rawz an email about it today. But I'm wondering if anyone else has more contacted them or a distributor and has any information on what's going on. ...
In a month, I’ll be once again wondering why Rawz can’t get it together if there isn’t rabbit on the shelves and online by then.
Did you hear back from Rawz, in response to your email?

I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt, and believe they have a good reason for the current lack of rabbit pate. :hugs:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The store has a web site but does not have online shopping.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like relief is in sight:
Thank you for reaching out! Please know that we are in the process of production at our new state of the art facility and the rabbit pate will be at the distributors within the next week and your local pet shop can start ordering. We appreciate your patience during our growing pains!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good! Glad it’s a facility change and not a formula change 😋
Yes let's hope they never change the formula for the worse. I used to feed LID Nature's Variety Rabbit. It's soooooo expensive too. But they started to add pea protein in addition to the regular peas (that I would fish out). I don't understand how they thought it was okay to do that and charge such a high price. I sent them an email expressing my disappointment and stopped buying them.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this is the case that distribution will resume soon enough. My Canada order was canceled due to a lack of supply from the distributor. Doesn't surprise me!

Thank you kittyluv387 kittyluv387 for the links. I feel much better having picked up a case yesterday from Jeffrey's since it seems even Canada can't get it now--for the moment anyway.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this is the case that distribution will resume soon enough. My Canada order was canceled due to a lack of supply from the distributor. Doesn't surprise me!

Thank you kittyluv387 kittyluv387 for the links. I feel much better having picked up a case yesterday from Jeffrey's since it seems even Canada can't get it now--for the moment anyway.
Happy to help! I know how it is to have kitties with sensitive tummies.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Very helpful! My small nature store has been out of it for months. Kieser's has emailed the company many times with no luck

Last edited:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried ordering more 3 oz cans from Incredible pets a few weeks ago and got a message that the distribution hadn’t picked up yet.

But I just received my shipment yesterday! So hopefully things are getting back to normal.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried ordering more 3 oz cans from Incredible pets a few weeks ago and got a message that the distribution hadn’t picked up yet.

But I just received my shipment yesterday! So hopefully things are getting back to normal.
Rawz finally put a message on their website saying they expect supply issues until mid-May. There is one tiny store in SF that doesn’t ship that somehow isn’t having supply issues. But that’s a three hour errand for me. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Other online retailers are spotty. I was able to get a case of 5.5 oz from Incredible Pets one week but not the next. Same with Maryland. New Jersey says they have it but then they don’t. I believe I still have an open order with them while they wait to see if they’ll get some this week. One local store was able to get some. Since I have two cases right now with potentially a third on the way, I didn’t purchase any then. I may go back and pick up a few cans anyway. My girl on steroids with suspected lymphoma is going through two cans a day. And still not gaining weight. But that’s another story. 😿