Rawz and H&G Comparable

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello!

My kitten is super picky he would rather starve then eat the same thing more than once a day. Its very stressful. Currently he is eating rawz and hound and gatos. Any other super healthy comparable brands you like! I live in Canada. Thanks!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I do mostly homemade raw I do sometimes feed Feline Natural when we are gone for long days (in a timed feeder).

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Olive Rawz as well, although she hates turkey so that limits what I give. I currently feed the Duck Pate and the Rabbit Pate.

The other brands I’ve tried and think are really good are:
  • Tiki Cat after Dark (she doesn’t like shreds so unfortunately she stopped eating this)
  • Kasiks (aka First Mate) similar to Rawz in that there are almost no fillers but she doesn’t like pates that are too soupy and she didn’t like it
  • Caru stews (human grade meat, very soupy but somehow she liked it)
  • Fromm Duck Pate - not quite as high quality as Rawz and has a few different gums but Olive loves it
  • Primal Raw Dhydrated Nuggets - her absolute favorite
  • Life’s Abundance - only found at lifesabundance.com but it’s a great food that Olive loves. They sell individual cans to try out.
Hopefully some of these are in Canada, I’m in the US so I’m not sure all of the options.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I also feed homemade with the occasional meal of Rawz canned, but in case you’re not familiar with it, here’s a resource for checking out ingredients on hundreds of foods. I don’t necessarily agree with their reviews, but it’s still a great place to get ideas: catfooddb.com

They have their own ranking of both wet and dry food. Here’s the wet food:
CatFoodDB's Best Wet Cat Foods

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try the suggestions in these threads:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much! Appreciate it and will try these brands and check out the links! ♡